Uninstalled Daemon tools and drives are still present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstalled Daemon tools and drives are still present

ok a long time ago i installed daemon tools to mount Rise of Nations:Rise of Legends, but after i mounted, installed, and burned it on a disk, i then uninstalled daemon tools but after, i noticed that my drives were still there but back then i didnt really think of it as a problem, so i left it alone until now when i bought CNC 3 bundle pack, i installed the original...worked perfectly...then i installed Kanes wrath, and when i go to play it, it says conflict with emulation software...so do you think the drives are causing the problem and if it is how do i fix this problem?

Download SPTD standalone installer and run it, then choose Remove when prompted. That should get rid of the virtual drives.

Though be aware that this will affect any other software that uses SPTD (if - for example - you also have Alcohol installed). In that case, check the "Common problems and solutions" forum.

Comment

ok i installed it but nothing happens all it says is UPDATE...UNINSTALL...CANCEL

and when i press one it says to reboot, so i reboot but nothing happens

Comment

After choosing Uninstall and rebooting the computer, the SPTD driver/service should be removed from your computer. That's all it does.

You can verify that it's gone by (for example) checking whether the file sptd.sys exists in the folder %windir%\system32\drivers (%windir% represents your Windows directory, for example C:\WINDOWS).
        Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X