• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATAraid Version 1.0.0.19

Operating System: WinXp pro
    Burning Software: None Currently
    Anti-virus Software: McAfee VirusScan Home Edition 7.02
    DAEMON Tools Version: Version 3.44

I just upgraded my motherboard and have had no problems with Daemon-Tools. After replacement of the motherboard with a Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe I decided to use the onboard motherboard RAID, Silicon Image SiL 3112A RAID SATA Controller.

This RAID Controller comes with its own RAID utility, SATARaid, which runs under WinXp. When Daemon-Tools is not installed, this program runs just fine. With Daemon-Tools installed this software will not run. When the user tries to load it the only event that takes place is a thump from the sound system.

I removed Daemon-Tools and the program loads just fine. Re-installed Daemon-Tools and the program still worked just fine UNTIL I rebooted. After reboot, the program was no longer functional. Remove Daemon-Tools and the utility comes back online.

I wouldnt have a clue where to start troubleshooting the conflict which is occurring and hope that you might be able to help.

Thanks!

Maybe I could figure something out if you sent me these drivers, but no guarantee as i don't have this RAID.
    Can you give me link to these drivers?

Comment

Sorry it took me so long to get back, I've wanted to try a few things before replying!

I found the SATALink works not only on the Silicon Image RAID array but also detects my Adaptec S150 PCI Controller, but…when I’ve got the Adaptec Controller installed and the SiL RAID Controller disabled, I don’t have the problem, so…it would appear the conflict is in the SiL RAID drivers (3112_x86_logo_rdvr_10040.zip)
      not the utility itself.

Hope you can find it. Don’t know if this will help or not! I do know the SiL embedded controller is being using on both ASUS and ABIT motherboards. I’m not sure what other motherboard manufacturer’s is using it.

I’ll keep playing with it and see what I can find out. I know that if I use virtual drives with Alcohol 120% or Nero, I don’t have the problem.

Thanks a bunch!

Jeff

Goto: http://www.siliconimage.com/contact/index.asp
      Scroll down (if needed) to the flashing red “Product Support” Button, click on it.
      Select “Downloads” in the left hand window
      Select “Drivers”
      Select “SiL3x12A”
      Select “10469 - SiI3x12: Serial ATA (SATA) Windows RAID Driver - Released - 1/23/2004 “
      In the right hand window download both zips “3112_x86_logo_rdvr_10040.zip” and “3x1x_x86_win_sataraid-10019.zip”
      3112_x86_logo_rdvr_10040.zip is the drivers for the SiL RAID array
      3x1x_x86_win_sataraid-10019.zip is the WinXp Utility to maintain the RAID array

Comment

Same problem

Operating System: WinXP
        Burning Software: none
        Anti-virus Software: none
        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

Have the same problem with a Raid-conroller. Daemon wont install at all.

Monken

Comment

Which RAID controller are you running?

Comment

-

Operating System: -
            Burning Software: -
            Anti-virus Software: -
            DAEMON Tools Version: -

So do I

Comment

Working...