Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installation resulted in bluescreen again and again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation resulted in bluescreen again and again..

Hi.

Apologies if this has been address before, But i was unable to find anything that helped.

Anyways, Im currently running Vista Home and was trying to install the latest version of DT but as download completed I kept getting an error on execution("invalid win32 application") so i got tired of trying different download links. And installed DT v3.47 which i had in a portable HD.

As DT was installing I got prompted to whether or not to allow driver to install (which case i allowed). Seconds after I allowed the driver to install I got a bluescreen and my laptop restarted.

As desktop starts up everything is fine up until I get a notification that windows is "install device driver software (in which i presume is the Daemons Driver" and I get a bluescreen again and my laptop restarts.

When i start windows in safe mode I also get a bluescreen during Desktop start up.

Of course v3.47 does NOT support Vista. Check this thread for manual removal procedure:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Hey, Thanks for the quick reply (No sarcasm intended). I have thought about doing this.

But from the moment desktop initiates and beings startup and loads all my programs. I have about approx. 30 seconds before it goes bluescreen.

And during the 30 seconds even if i manage to get to the destination of the driver (which is doubtful as I get quite abit of lag due to windows processing all my startup programs) It will take more then 30 seconds for me to find the files.

=(

Comment

Here is a link that shows how to get to the command prompt:

How to use the Command Prompt in the Vista Windows Recovery Environment

from there you will type
        Code:
        c:
        cd\
        cd windows
        cd system32
        cd drivers
        del somefilename.sys
        del anotherfilename.sys
        The filenames you will delete might be d347bus.sys and then next: d347prt.sys. The "c:" part might be different on your computer if you have more than one partition.

If you don't know what drive letter belongs to vista (default c: ), you can use this command:
        Code:
        diskpart
        list volume
        exit
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thank you for your help. Though it wasn't as simple as the guide made it to be.

I was able to navigate and find the Driver files through Vista's Start-up Recovery.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X