Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Command and Conquer 3: Kanes Wrath Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command and Conquer 3: Kanes Wrath Problem.

OK, I bought C&C 3 Tiberium wars as well as the expansion pack, Kanes Wrath. installed both, made my image of Kanes Wrath with Alcohol 120%. Here's where the trouble began, initially it didn't work because I hadn't made the image at a 1:1(?) speed. So i remade the image again, as slowly as i could. Mounted it on DTools, loaded up YASU and Everything worked fine.

However: EA, recently patched Kane's Wrath and ever since then I have been getting the following error whenever I try to run the game with the image. "A required security module cannot be activated.
    This program cannot be executed (5023)."

I'm using the latest version of Dtools and YASU, I have securom emulation enabled and my drives are cloaked. Am I going to need to burn another image or is there something else I can do to fix the problem?

YASU is not needed for that game and is causing that Security module message.
    Activating emulations is only necessary if you have burned a copy. With image only it isn't needed.

Try mounting your image into latest DAEMON Tools Lite/Pro, updated version is running fine at my computer with DT Pro.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Hm.
      I've downloaded patch 1.01 for CnC: KW today and have same error 5023. And if I disable YASU - I receive "Conflict with emulation Software detected" error message.
      Before the 1.01 path game worked perfectly with DT Pro Basic and YASU.

Arghhhh. OK, I'll be playing with original disc.

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
        YASU is not needed for that game and is causing that Security module message.
        Activating emulations is only necessary if you have burned a copy. With image only it isn't needed.

Try mounting your image into latest DAEMON Tools Lite/Pro, updated version is running fine at my computer with DT Pro.
        With IDE Adapter ? Because with SCSI it wont load !
        You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
        sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Well previously I needed YASU to run it. otherise I get the "Conflict with Emulation Software detected." error message. This is still what happens when I try to run it without YASU. But I'm Dl'ing the latest DTools as i write this. I didn't know a new version had been released - i only downloaded DT a few weeks ago! Thanks for the help! I'll let you know if it fixes the problem. Cheers. ^_^

Comment

Yeah Post-Patch, nothing is working. I installed the latest version of DT, mounted my image and clicked "play" the game started loading but gave me the "conflict with emulation software" error. (I had SecuROM emulation enabled at the time) I tried again, but this time cloaked the drive with YASU and the same happened except I got the "security module cannot be activated" error. I then took YASU off, took off all emulation options, tried again "conflict with emulation software" came up. >.< I can't think of anything else I can do to fix the problem >.<

Comment

good morning
              please use protection ID Protection ID Download
              and post the result
              Sorry for my denglish(german english)
              nice music taste ,did you know more bands like this brand,
              death metal and black metal?
              please post with links
              Derb wie eisregen
              hart wie bolt thrower
              und stur wie ein m&#246;nch

Comment

I tried to use your program but I have no idea what it does, and how to get it to do that. You need a MUCH more detailed site with a clear instructions section, and at least an obvious description of the purpose of the program, It would help inexperienced users (like myself) out a lot. Thanks.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Result of ProtectionID: SecuROM Detected - Version 07.37.0010

For me the game does NOT run using DT Pro and vIDE (emulator detected). Gonna do some more testing now.

Comment

From what i've read in user statements it's an exception (chipset related ?) that latest Securom runs without additional action in vIDE.
                    e.g. i have to first run in vIDE -> Conflict with emulator software, and then try again with YASU -> works
                    If i try with YASU at first it doesn't work - so i need that failed attempt on my rig
                    No vSCSI drive set at that moment, but i still have to try how it behaves when i uninstall Alc 120&#37; + DT 3 so there are no SCSI controllers at all.
                    It's also strange that i don't get security module error when using YASU.
                    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

For me it only runs if I change the name of the first CDROM device in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdrom\Enum

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                        ...but i still have to try how it behaves when i uninstall Alc 120% + DT 3 so there are no SCSI controllers at all.
                        No change after that.
                        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

it seems that dt pro is blacklistet(i've got dt pro adv)
                          anyway securom 7,37 0010 did not the reason,that must been a part of the update from c&c tb wrath.
                          I've got the grid patched to 1,2,
                          it have been securom 7,37 0010 too,that's work with dt 4,124 and dt pro.
                          I've tried with dt lite and yasu.does not work.
                          Derb wie eisregen
                          hart wie bolt thrower
                          und stur wie ein m&#246;nch

Comment

Originally Posted by angelsdecay View Post
                            I've got the grid patched to 1,2,
                            it have been securom 7,37 0010 too,that's work with dt 4,124 and dt pro.
                            Please have a look at the new blacklist of securom-Thread in Customer section.
                            Seems like GRID uses some alleviated version of new SecuROM which doesn't utilise all options of the API.
                            So i guess GRID's blacklist isn't the best criterion.

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
                              For me it only runs if I change the name of the first CDROM device in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdrom\Enum
                              I have heard of this "trick" before. how do I do it? can anyone give me a detailed step by step guide or something? (Don't start with go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE... because thats the first problem I have: I don't know where that is) >.< sorry to be such a noob and SO persistent >.<

Comment

Working...
                              X