.ccd files refuse to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .ccd files refuse to work

.ccd images are mounted and the autorun comes up. However, whenever i click "Play" i get "*Insertfilename*.exe has stopped working" courtesy of Vista. I have checked and it appears .ccd images are the only ones effected, .iso works fine. I'd appreciate any help.

You already tried an ISO and CloneCD image of the same disk?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

No, i lost the disk long ago, so its just a disk image now. And i didn't think that CloneCD was able to mount images.

Comment

I think the answer is that: The old game you were trying to play is not vista compatible
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I had vista when it was working. I can only guess that the newer versions of Daemon are uncompatible with .ccd files, or a mixture of .ccd files and vista.

Comment

What is the name of the game you are using? Are you using the most recent patch for the game? Are you on 32-bit or 64-bit Vista?

One test you can do is load the CCD file into the virtual drive of a WinXP machine with an older version of DAEMON Tools (a version which you think does support CCD files) and then convert it to MDS. This will show if the image is bad.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

They're two Japanese games, and ive also tried running my computer on the Japanese code/language settings. They're pretty old and haven't been patched since they last worked.

As for Daemon tools that support .ccd files, i think 4.10 does. I do not have a winXP machine, so thats out of the question. And im not sure that the theory on Daemon being incompatible with .ccd files is correct. Has anyone else encountered such problems?

Comment

we will look into this, thank you for notifying us

Comment

Please contact me when a solution is available, or if there is a way to download old versions of Daemon tools.

Comment

@Der Kaiser91
                    Can you copy all the files from the virtual drive?
                    Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

I'm sorry but I dont understand. Do what?

Comment

Just a simple check
                        Could you try to copy all files from that mounted image to your local HDD. The image can be corrupted or it was made from the disc which contains "bad" blocks.
                        Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

It's unlikely that all my .ccds went bad. Also, these things are already on my hard drive, and i've reinstalled several times. I'm pretty sure the images are not the problem.

Comment

In the meantime while a solution is being worked up, is there an alternative disk image emulator that anyone can suggest?

Comment

Originally Posted by Der Kaiser91 View Post
                              They're two Japanese games, and ive also tried running my computer on the Japanese code/language settings. They're pretty old and haven't been patched since they last worked.

As for Daemon tools that support .ccd files, i think 4.10 does. I do not have a winXP machine, so thats out of the question. And im not sure that the theory on Daemon being incompatible with .ccd files is correct. Has anyone else encountered such problems?
                              I have XP, and I've been trying to run a Japanese Visual Novel with a .ccd file, and when I try to mount it I get a wierd error message. The error message says "f^fCfgf<%ж',a,й,Ь,1,с[]B". When I click on the OK button on the error message, another error message pops up that says "install.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

WTF?

Comment

Working...
                              X