Version 4.30.0301 broke PDVD8 playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 4.30.0301 broke PDVD8 playback

I installed Daemon version 4.30.0301 and now PDVD8 won't play my iso images on scsi virtual drives. When I try to play a mounted image PDVD8 recognizes the iso as a blu-ray and shows "play" but shortly after it says "stopped" and throws up a window that says: "CyberLink PowerDVD requires perodic updates to continue playing back some new disc titles. Would you like to update now?" It doesn't matter what iso I mount as the result is the same. Sometimes I see "file mode" flashed up when PDVD is getting ready to try to play the iso. This can't be right.

I'm not having any trouble playing the original disc using PDVD8 in the physical player at all. I'd sure like to roll back and try the old version of Daemon Tools Pro and see if this fixes it. Any suggestions?

I should add that all my iso's are Blu-Ray images that I've played many times before.

Comment

And what data format and size have your ISOs?

Comment

Originally Posted by Development View Post
        And what data format and size have your ISOs?
        They run between about 17G and 45G. They are all blu-ray. I tried another virtual drive program and they all work when mounted with it. It's got to be an issue with this latest release and the prior one worked just fine.

Comment

All of my ISO images are decrypted and I tried DT Lite, in desperation, but that doesn't work either.

I'm not having any trouble playing the original disc using PDVD8 in the physical combo drive at all.

I'd sure like to roll back and try the old version of Daemon Tools but their key system won't let me do that. I had to revoke the license to my previous version so I can't. A little tech support to allow me to roll back to the previous version would be great!

Comment

Maybe the Blue-Ray copy protection has been updated. This could mean Power DVD was patched to prevent playback.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

It would appear that DAEMON Tools has been updated to report the BD-ROM profile on large ISO images (not sure what the cut off point is - it's 1GB for CD -> DVD but I don't know about DVD -> BD)).

PowerDVD probably wants/expects AACS on BD-ROM discs.

Comment

As a final check I rolled back to a previous version (4.12.4) of DT and every thing is fine. I'm sure a patch will be coming along soon . . .

Comment

Yes, it seems because of BDROM profile. It is not a bug but PowerDVD8 "feature" - atm you can try PowerDVD 7.3 which plays fine.

Comment

Yes, it seems because of BDROM profile. It is not a bug but PowerDVD8 "feature" - atm you can try PowerDVD 7.3 which plays fine.
                    Are you saying that this is just the way it's going to be? I just ditched PowerDVD 7.3 because of some bad behavior and upgraded to V8 as all was great - but now this . . .

Comment

Originally Posted by Dabmox View Post
                      Are you saying that this is just the way it's going to be? I just ditched PowerDVD 7.3 because of some bad behavior and upgraded to V8 as all was great - but now this . . .
                      If new DAEMON Tools uses BD-ROM profile, what profile did the old DAEMON Tools use? Normal DVD?
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Interestingly, PowerDVD doesn't use the Vista HDCP capability, they have their own built-in. So it's possible that another player may work better (WinDVD or Nero Showtime).

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven View Post
                          If new DAEMON Tools uses BD-ROM profile, what profile did the old DAEMON Tools use? Normal DVD?
                          Yes, older version just reported DVD.

Comment

atm you can try PowerDVD 7.3 which plays fine.
                            the modern world:
                            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

PowerDVD 7 ALSO does not work with latest DT Pro Advanced

Despite what the above poster says, after installing the latest update, I am unable to play Blu-Ray rips using PowerDVD 7.

I get the message "A critical component of the player requires periodic updates. New movies could fail to play ... " etc. and even after PowerDVD 7 thinks it's downloaded an update to the AACS keys, it continues to give that message.

It appears it's not able to read some info properly from the mounted image.

Is anyone looking into this?

- Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X