Loss of Bookmarks in Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of Bookmarks in Firefox

I have a Toshiba Satellite with a Pentium T2060 dual core processor running at 1.6 GHz. The OS is Vista home premium with Service pack 1 installed. I have Ashampoo burning software, Imgburn and AVG antivirus.

I have been running Daemon Tools Lite 4.12.3 for some time without problem. I decided to change to the latest version. I uninstalled v4.12.3 and on installing 4.30.1 declined the toolbar and search engine offers. After installation all my bookmarks in Firefox 3 had been removed (there is no very unhappysmiley) and Foxmarks was unable to restore them.

I had to use System restore to resolve the situation.

Hi
    Actually, FF has backup system for your bookmarks.
    Open your FireFox profile folder, in Windows XP it's located like:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\is3j44kp.default\boo kmarkbackups"
    In that folder you can find few files with JSON extension.
    So, these are your bookmarks.

Open FF -> Bookmarks -> Orginize Bookmarks. Then click "Import and Backup" button in Library window and select Restore. You will see the list of your backups.
    Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Loss of bookmarks in firefox on intallation of 4.30.1

Thank you, I will try again.

Comment

also, the bookmarks disappearing might not (only a developer could answer) be related to daemon tools..

i've personally seen (quite a few times) firefox (especially during the beta releases) 'forget' its bookmarks when its crashed... but as support2 mentions, there is usually a backup (which may be out of date.. depending on how lucky you are)...
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Loss of bookmarks in firefox on intallation of 4.30.1

Thank you,
          I tried again after backing up the book marks and setting a restore point, I uninstalled 4.12 and used CCleaner to clean the registry and this time there were no problems.
          I guess some strange hiccough happened
          Rob

Comment

Working...
          X