Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the emulation Up and Down levers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the emulation Up and Down levers?

I just updated Pro Advanced from 4.12.something to 4.30.0302 and those levers or switches at the bottom of the window are gone.

I'm talking about the options under Tools | Preferences | Advanced that used to have these little levers or switches to easily turn them on/off at the bottom of the overall DT window

They got removed when the layout was changed. The options are still available in Preferences -> Advanced, though.

These advanced emulation options (RMPS, SafeDisc, SecuROM, LaserLok, Hide CD-R) are not relevant for normal daily use for most users. They are not to be used for normal images - actually, most of them are not for images at all, but for copies burnt to recordable discs (with burners who do not fully support burning the images with the protection preserved). If your images are created with proper settings, in .mds/.mdf format, it should never be necessary to use these.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
      They got removed when the layout was changed. The options are still available in Preferences -> Advanced, though.
      I saw that, thanks

These advanced emulation options (RMPS, SafeDisc, SecuROM, LaserLok, Hide CD-R) are not relevant for normal daily use for most users. They are not to be used for normal images - actually, most of them are not for images at all, but for copies burnt to recordable discs (with burners who do not fully support burning the images with the protection preserved). If your images are created with proper settings, in .mds/.mdf format, it should never be necessary to use these.
      Interesting - I guess I never tried it without turning one on for an image.

I am currently playing through GTA San Andreas and I really hate having to pop in my discs for games, so I grabbed an image off of a well-known site for that sort of thing and it says to turn on SecuROM emulation for the image.

I guess I should make my own images and stop being lazy

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X