Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*IS* there ANY way to downgrade to a previous vesion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *IS* there ANY way to downgrade to a previous vesion?

I've asked this before, and nobody has said how to do this.

I bought Daemon Tools Pro Advanced, but want to downgrade to a previous version. I did not save a copy of the installer for any previous version, and the registration system doesn't let you get it or register a previous version.

So once again - IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET AN EARLIER VERSION, INSTALL IT, AND REGISTER IT?

I searched here, and couldn't find an answer to this question, either.

Does anybody know? Support people, can you answer this?

- Tim

No, the license system doesn't allow you to fallback to a previous license (the license is renewed for every upgrade). The only way to keep using an old version is to not upgrade in the first place.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
      No, the license system doesn't allow you to fallback to a previous license (the license is renewed for every upgrade). The only way to keep using an old version is to not upgrade in the first place.
      Thanks for letting me know (sorry for the delay - I had forgotten about posting this so long ago :-) ).

By the way, do you know if this was a policy decision for some reason, or if it's just the way the licensing system works and it was too inconvenient to change it? Seems like the user should be able to use whatever version they want, so long as their license is current, no?

- Tim

Comment

Officially, the reason is because DTools will only support the most current version. Once a version has been replaced, they no longer officially support it.

Unofficially, new versions sometimes introduce bugs, and I do agree that you should be able to downgrade, even if they do not provide support for it.

Comment

Working...
        X