PDA

View Full Version : "Unable to mount image. File not accessible"

Climbatize
07.08.2008, 14:51
Hello. I saw this question here somewhere already. But it was a bit different issue, and i couldn't find an answer...
The problem is: the PC has win2k installed in it and had Daemon tools 4.03 before i made an update to 4.30.1, so with this new "Lite" version it's not able to mount any CD images that were mountable before with 4.03 with no problems.
I get this message: "Unable to mount image. File not accessible". I've tried to configure this new "Daemon" a bit, but no use.
What may be the problem? Antivirus programs? Old version of windows (some updates maybe)?
Thank you for understanding.

Development
08.08.2008, 11:02
Mounting in Win2000 will be fixed in next version.

Yakina
19.08.2008, 19:11
Is there an approximate timeframe for that version?

I have this same problem with the commercial DTpro 4.30, which is unfortunately the first version I bought. Is there any possibility to use an older version in the meantime?

Igor101
12.09.2008, 16:50
I have the same problem with DAEMON Tools. When an ISO image file is not in the root directory (C:\) but instead in MY Documents and further sub directories I get the error message:

"Unable to mount image. File not accessible"

When the same ISO files are placed in C:\ everything works OK!

I use:

1) Windows 2000 with SP4 (+ all the later updates)

2) DAEMON Tools Lite 4.30.1

Questions:

- Can anyone tell me which newest version of DAEMON Tools does not have this particular problem with Win2000?

- Can anyone from the development team tell us when we could expect version with the problem fixed?

kind regards

Blazkowicz
12.09.2008, 20:40
4.12.4 should work work for you.

That bug should be fixed in next version.

DReffects
12.09.2008, 23:39
4.12.4 should work work for you.

That bug should be fixed in next version.

good to hear - is this only being fixed for windows 2000?

I am running Windows Vista 64 bit and get the same message when i try to mount any given image...

:(

Blazkowicz
13.09.2008, 13:41
So far i only heard of this bug for Windows 2000.

DReffects
13.09.2008, 19:40
So far i only heard of this bug for Windows 2000.

ok i've somehow sorted it out a little bit more: the error only happens when i try to mount something from a SMB Network Share. The odd thing is: i have full administrator rights for all my shares - renaming, deleting, moving files and stuff.

do you have any information on what sort of smb share Daemon tools expect in a vista environment? I had no problems with XP - it's the same share.

I have a winxp powered fileserver with some 'easy share' method activated shares and connected them to vista, previously xp, via 'assign network drive' option in my windows explorer. therefore the connections are made by the guest account which has all the rights.

Cry Wolf
30.09.2008, 20:03
Hi guys

I got the same error and I am getting sick of it, I want to install Turok but I cannot mount the images...

After endless strugles I realized that it has to be my operating system, because I have the Deamon Tools, wich works great!

So what I will do is format my pc and installl Windows Vista, then I will try again. If that doesn't work, then I will install Vista's Service Pack 1, hopefully it work by then. I will add a post here saying whether it works or not.

Good luck for all of you, I feel your pain...
Cry Wolf

nimd4
27.10.2008, 21:25
DAEMON Tools is still able to mount the image, from the root of a drive..:)

eg. C:\

shaunco
27.10.2008, 21:29
I just started seeing this problem too... after switching to Vista (x86 - 32bit). I was using XP (MCE2005). Both the XP and Vista installs had/have DT-Lite v4.30.1 installed, and both are connecting to the same Vista machine that is hosting ISO files (no changes on the ISO server side). The upgrade from XP to Vista was a full reformat/fresh install.

It is strange because if I right click on DT-Lite and choose "Mount Image", I can browse all the way to the network share (let's call it '\\server\ISOs\MyIso.iso'), select the file, and then I get the error... Also, using UltraISO on the same Vista client, I can open the \\server\ISOs\MyIso.iso and browse through the contents of it (extract files, and even burn it to disc).

Perhaps DT-Lite is expecting some form of file lock or sharing mode on the ISO that is not available through shared folders in Vista.

Also, mounting the network share as a drive does NOT fix the problem.

Is this something that would work if I purchased DT-Pro?

shaunco
29.10.2008, 04:00
No ideas? Is there additional logging I can turn on to provide more details here?

LordTarbos
29.10.2008, 11:46
Hi everybody!

I do have the same problem: on my Win2000 machine, mounting images is only possible when the image is stored in the root directory of a drive (e.g. C: or D: for harddiscs, or E: for dvd).

Because i do not want to copy an image everytime i want to use one, i wrote a tiny program that uses the subst command to create a virtual device (which may be connected to any directory on a physical drive) and then uses the command line switches for deamon tools to mount a user specified image.

The question is: am i allowed to post a link to a program that does not belong to the daemon tools project in any case?

LT

Copytrooper
29.10.2008, 15:16
For 2000 this is known issue with Lite version, and will be fixed with next version currently in beta test stage, with Pro version it is already fixed with build 303.

shaunco
31.10.2008, 21:43
so... no comments / suggestions / ideas on the Vista network mounting issue?

Copytrooper
01.11.2008, 13:39
Difficult to say, may be some problem with the server settings.

shaunco
01.11.2008, 20:09
DT-Lite v4.1, DT v3.47, and Virtual CloneDrive are all able to mount the network image without issue... so, it appears to be something that changed in DT-Lite v4.30.1. For now I am using CloneDrive, but I will keep installing new versions of DT-Lite and post here if it starts working again.

nimd4
27.11.2008, 00:22
DT-Lite v4.1, DT v3.47, and Virtual CloneDrive are all able to mount the network image without issue... so, it appears to be something that changed in DT-Lite v4.30.1. For now I am using CloneDrive, but I will keep installing new versions of DT-Lite and post here if it starts working again.

Please just read the thread.. all questions have been answered, by administrators also.

shaunco
27.11.2008, 00:28
Please just read the thread.. all questions have been answered, by administrators also.

No they haven't. The Admins have addressed the questions regarding the network mounting issues in Win2000, not Vista.

edmond2
29.11.2008, 09:43
No they haven't. The Admins have addressed the questions regarding the network mounting issues in Win2000, not Vista.

I can only say this is true. SInce upgrading to 303 I cannot mount any images from 64bit Vista that are on a NAS in the network.

Very annoying.

regards Edmond

nimd4
29.11.2008, 21:19
Please just read the thread.. all questions have been answered, by administrators also.No they haven't. The Admins have addressed the questions regarding the network mounting issues in Win2000, not Vista.I can only say this is true. SInce upgrading to 303 I cannot mount any images from 64bit Vista that are on a NAS in the network.

Very annoying.

regards Edmond
Well if you want to be picky about it, Blazkowicz said that so far this issue is known for Windows 2000 only & Copytrooper said that it's

Difficult to say, may be some problem with the server settings.

... So have you tried w/SP1? :)

So what I will do is format my pc and installl Windows Vista, then I will try again. If that doesn't work, then I will install Vista's Service Pack 1, hopefully it work by then. I will add a post here saying whether it works or not.

cozappz
08.12.2008, 09:28
Mounting in Win2000 will be fixed in next version.

Again, make this thready sticky. I just wasted a sunday for this :(

DReffects
08.12.2008, 14:07
After months of waiting I still have this issue with Vista.

pls make sticky for others and PLS! post a bugfix...

thanks!

nimd4
08.12.2008, 20:19
Mounting in Win2000 will be fixed in next version.Again, make this thready sticky. I just wasted a sunday for this :(
Google is your friend :p :) "Unable to mount image. File not accessible" (http://www.google.com/search?q=DAEMON+Tools++%22Unable+to+mount+image.+F ile+not+accessible%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

tschopp
14.12.2008, 03:23
I have the same problem with network drives on XP and a local drive (not C:) on vista. In other words, I have a problem with every iso I have tried. The latest version I have that works (but not on vista) is 4.09.1.

I am just giving vista another try now that it is more mature, but daemon is more important to me than vista. So looks like back to XP for a while.

kfede1@gmail.com
28.12.2008, 00:24
I have 2 raid 5 devices on the same raid controller under Vista. .iso file will mount on 1 drive but not on the other. I am beginning to regret gettin this product. Too many killer bugs.

The whole point to the drive that they don't like is it is very large and can store a lot of images..

DReffects
01.01.2009, 22:46
Google is your friend :p :) "Unable to mount image. File not accessible" (http://www.google.com/search?q=DAEMON+Tools++%22Unable+to+mount+image.+F ile+not+accessible%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

sorry but where's the fix?!

edmond2
15.02.2009, 15:58
I still see no fix for this. And it is defenitly something that went wrong in the latest version. NEver had this problem with previous versions.

Since having payed for the product including 3 years support and new versions, I think quite some time of those 3 years now are passing without being able to fully use the product as intended. What will be done about this and more import, when will this be fixed?

regards Edmond

PS. Here another discussion on this topic I've found Daemon tools mounten over netwerk in Vista - Client Software Algemeen - GoT (http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1309234)

DReffects
15.02.2009, 20:49
I still see no fix for this. And it is defenitly something that went wrong in the latest version. NEver had this problem with previous versions.

Since having payed for the product including 3 years support and new versions, I think quite some time of those 3 years now are passing without being able to fully use the product as intended. What will be done about this and more import, when will this be fixed?

regards Edmond

PS. Here another discussion on this topic I've found Daemon tools mounten over netwerk in Vista - Client Software Algemeen - GoT (http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1309234)

Have this problem now in XP as well - happend after SP3 with some additional updates of sorts.

Could it be that Daemon Tolls simply is unable to handle really large volumes? My Networkshare has 13 TB

edmond2
15.02.2009, 21:48
Well could be. Mine is 5TB, in Raid so effectively 4TB. But, it did work with this same hardware and share before.

regards Ed

Blazkowicz
15.02.2009, 21:52
Try latest DT Pro, it includes some RAID fixes.

edmond2
16.02.2009, 13:07
It is the latest version (I and others) are using. This *finally* needs being fixed (in a newer release).

nimd4
17.02.2009, 15:40
sorry but where's the fix?!
An image can be mounted, when copied to the drive root

SUPPORT2
19.02.2009, 16:48
Hi everybody.
Enybody wants to talk with support team and give us a chance to find out the problem's root? :)
This topic, as I remember, is related strongly to win2k mounting problem. Now, you guys mixed up two different problems to the same old topic.
Also, please point exact DT version numper in you posts, because the latest version today is not the same as the latest version tommorow.
So, contact to our support team using this web-form Send Message :: Disc-Soft.com (http://www.disc-soft.com/sendmsg) and point the link to this topic in the message.

bobster04
19.09.2009, 07:22
Yea, i'm running Vista x64 and the image isn't mounting, tried putting on C: and its still saying the same thing.....

Choklander
03.10.2009, 17:54
Hello. I found that this problem persists when you haves strange characters in your image file. I had () in my file and I had the same error.
Try renaming your file name.

Snowy
13.12.2009, 10:12
I also have this problem running a Windows Vista x86 (32bit) and the new Daemon Tools Lite 4.35.5.

I am trying to mount a image that works fine with 3.47 (with Win XP, kids computers), but since I have Vista running on my computer I have to use a newer version of Daemon tools.

I have the image on a NAS, but have tried locally on C:\ D:\, still no luck, all options in Dtoolslite turned on and off, still no luck.

Does the new DTools, not have all the backwards compatibility with the older Dtools programs?

vikrant.forums
15.12.2009, 12:29
Ok this worked for me, this is not really a fix but may help someone get their file mounted so here goes, as suggested by another poster i changed the name of the image file to something simple without any special characters just 4 alphabets and then tried mounting and voila! i dunno how why what but it worked! i then unmounted and renamed it back and tried mounting again and now it mounts fine, i know its not really a fix but a workaround.

inoesomestuff
27.12.2009, 20:53
using DT 3.47 on XP pro SP3

tried to mount a .mds/.mdf file and got this error
renamed and put in root and still got error

any help would be appreciated

Blazkowicz
27.12.2009, 20:54
inoesomestuff, uninstall your version and install the latest.