Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 4.30.1 SPTD Installation Issue

Running Vista 32 bit SP1 Business

Started Install of DT 4.30.1 and asked me to reboot after presumably installing SPTD before I can continue with the rest of the install of DT.
    I reboot and it goes through the first half of installation untill it gets to the SPTD and asks for another reboot.
    Repeat the process and it's a never ending loop.

Any help, suggestions greatly appreciated.

Are you runnign the setup with administrator rights (right click on setup and select "run as administrator")?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Yes I am running the install with Administrator Permissions.

I tried it that way twice just to check and it is still functioning with continuous restart after trying to install SPTD, I've redownloaded too.

Comment

You already tried to disable SPTD and then deleting the complete key in registry?

1. Set start value to 4 at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SPTD
        2. Reboot
        3. Navigate there, right click on SPTD -> permission -> full access to everyone
        4. Delete SPTD
        5. Reboot
        6. Try installer again
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I tried your suggestions, even removed all SPTD instances from the registry and the system its self.

I just reinstalled Vista SP1, I haven't gotten Daemon Tools installed yet, still getting other software installed. I will post results soon.

Comment

Working...
          X