Cannot play iso file I copied from original CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot play iso file I copied from original CD

I am not asking for or doing anything illegal, i just want to see if there is a solution to my problem.

I have a game (the original) called Byzantine: the Betrayal.
    The game is six discs long, and swapping them to and from my CD drive ( E: ) is a real pain, so I thought I could copy the CDs as images onto my hard drive and mount them with Daemon Tools 4.08he.

Only problem is, the game doesn't seem to detect the CD image in my virtual drive ( J: ). I click on the executable, and the "Insert Byzantine CD 1" message comes up.

The original discs and burned copies I made of them work perfectly, when inserted into my actual cd drive.

What can be done? does this have something to do with my CD drives or is it something with the game itself? This isn't the first game this has happened to, either. Urban Runner is one of them.

Thanks.

First upgrade your DT version to DT Lite 4.30.1.

Then ensure you have enabled AutoPlay and Autorun.

Also it is possible the game checks for original disk (copy protection) - so recreate them with proper profile (dt pro). To get proper profile, you have to scan the disks for copy protection using a copy protection scanner like Protection ID.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Autorun/Autoplay don't seem to help. I just keep getting the menu where it asks me how I want to play the files on the cd, but the programs listed, (Windows Media Player, Nero Showtime, Quicktime,) aren't able to play the game.

Also, in regards to the Copyright Protection part of your post, I don't know if that's it or not, because the BURNED COPIES of the originals worked fine.

As stated above, this problem plagued Urban Runner, A Sierra game, and I solved it only by running it in Windows 3.1 in Dosbox. Byzantine requires Win 95, and I have no such product/partition.

I'll try Protection ID, but I just don't know.

Comment

Working...
      X