Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exaustive troubleshooting effort failed... need help installing Daemon Tools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exaustive troubleshooting effort failed... need help installing Daemon Tools.

Operating System: Windows XP Home
    Burning Software: Nero 5
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: N/A

I recently installed both Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% in an effort to mount an image of Morrowind, eventually settling on Alcohol for a specific purpose. I uninstalled both programs after Alcohol's trial period ended, about two weeks ago, and re-downloaded Daemon Tools again today. When I tried to install it, I get the error message that pertains to conflicting drivers or something (sorry, can't access the message anymore). It starts with "Some driver".

I used every possible solution on the forums I could find pertaining to my problem. None worked, and I ran into an issue while trying one: In my system devices, I found that "PnP BIOS Extention" had a yellow exclamation mark beside it. Following the troubleshooting instructions on the Common Problems forum, I deleted that. It then instructed me to remove something in another area, something like SCPI/RAID controllers, which I could not find. Daemon Tools still would not install, but this time it would just force an instant restart near the end of the installation instead of giving me an error message. I finally used System Restore after all of my audio controls dissapeared and my volume gained a sort of echo to them, back two days. I looked in the device manager again, and SCPI/RAID controllers magically appeared. I again downloaded the latest version of Daemon Tools only to find it simply restarts my computer again. Now, as I type this, I realize that SCPI/RAID controllers is missing AGAIN. Also, the PnP Bios Extension has it's yellow exclamation mark on it again (it had been fixed by the System Restore)

Also note that I went through my registry and found no files concerning Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools.

Thanks in advance for your help!

NOTE: I own any games in question in my post, I did not download them illegally.

Oh, my mistake, I meant to say SCSI/RAID.

In the meantime, I've system restored once again. The SCSI/RAID section is now showing up, and I'd like to know where to go from here to get this great program working.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
    X