Virtual SCSI driver not detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual SCSI driver not detected

everytime i try to open the program i get this error Virtual SCSI driver not detected. how do i fix it

Uninstall program and reinstall.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

i also had this problem, and un/rei didn't help. so i uninstalled both dt and the sptd driver, rebooted then installed only sptd 1.56, booted into safe mode and installed dt 4.30.1, rebooted and now it's working like a charm !
      i have xp sp2.

Comment

I have the same issue. I tried goribigon's way but it didn't help. No matter how often I uninstall/reinstall, it always works only for one session and stops working after the following reboot with the mentioned error message.
        The drive shows with a yellow error icon in device manager.
        Any advice?

Comment

Edit: I tried installing DT Pro Advanced (Trial) but it has the same issue. The driver simply doesn't start, therefore DT refuses to create drives...

Comment

Some more infos:
            Vista 64
            Installed apps (optical drive relevant): Nero, Imgburn

Device manager shows "Code 39".
            It is the "AMXXYSAD IDE Controller" under Storage Controller".
            Yellow exclamation mark.

I tried fixing it by removing an old aspi32 I found in SYSWOW64 but that didn't help...

Comment

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Cause

There are several causes of Code 39 errors:
              A required device driver is missing.
              A required binary file is corrupted.
              There is a problem with the file I/O process.
              A driver that is referencing an entry point in another binary file is unable to load.
              Recommended resolution

Reinstall the drivers for this device.

Uninstall and reinstall the driver

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager, and then scan for new hardware to install the driver again.

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. However, sometimes, it will open the New Hardware Wizard which may ask for the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site.
              On the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Follow the instructions.
              Restart your computer.
              Open Device Manager, click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes. Follow the instructions.

Text from Microsoft page. Driver path should be windows\inf. Especially cdrom.inf or mshdc.inf. It is also possible you have to delete infcache.1 first.
              Last edited by Blazkowicz; 22.11.2008, 19:25.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

It doesn't find a driver in /windows/inf.

The "device instance path" is ACPI\PNPA000\4&5D18F2DF&0
                if that helps.
                ACPI 2.0 is enabled in bios.

I tried installing Alcohol which works in a similar way and now have two devices under "Storage Controller".
                The old DT entry is still yellow flagged and the new Alcohol "SCSI/RAID Host Controller" works fine.

I'd love to use Daemon Tools so further advice is highly appreciated.

I consider myself an advanced user so if you need anything from Windows Event log or other log files, let me know.
                Last edited by Zak; 23.11.2008, 09:58.

Comment

Blazkowicz: the explanation you gave me is for when the CD-Rom itself shows the yellow exclamation mark.
                  In my case however its the storage controller installed by daemon tools (random name) which fails.

Comment

Hi, Zak

I get the exact same problem. No matter how many times I reinstall the latest daemon/SPTD, the problem comes back once I reboot the machine. It had been working very well for 3 month. It seems all this happened right after I installed/uninstalled Nero and imgBurn. I uninstalled Nero but kept imgBurn. On the other hand, another machine (vista 64) has daemon working just perfect with imgBurn installed. I have totally no clue about what is going on.

My OS: Windows Server 2008.
                    imgBurn installed.

Originally Posted by Zak View Post
                    It doesn't find a driver in /windows/inf.

The "device instance path" is ACPI\PNPA000\4&5D18F2DF&0
                    if that helps.
                    ACPI 2.0 is enabled in bios.

I tried installing Alcohol which works in a similar way and now have two devices under "Storage Controller".
                    The old DT entry is still yellow flagged and the new Alcohol "SCSI/RAID Host Controller" works fine.

I'd love to use Daemon Tools so further advice is highly appreciated.

I consider myself an advanced user so if you need anything from Windows Event log or other log files, let me know.

Comment

Oh well apparently its unfixable. Sucks but I'll just have to use Alcohol in the future.

Comment

Turns out Alcohol has the same issue.
                        I really wonder whats wrong with my system.

Comment

wild guess here.. but...

try checking the registry settings for...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

and make sure the key and subkey have write permission for admin (some tools etc change key permissions on that key to make daemon tools etc pass blacklisting and so on).. (system should have full access by default)

if the key is set to read only (or no access) for admin etc it can cause similar problems to the one you've mentioned
                          my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
                          X