Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always Asks for a CD/DVD

I'm very new to this kinda stuff sorry in advance

Basically i have a collection of games which i have to insert the CD to play... I hate doing this firstly, but the main worry is some of the discs are badly scratched and It's only a matter of time untill it wont even run the game anymore...

What i want to do is make a virtual drive with all my games on it and so i dont have to keep swapping and changing...
    Lets start with stalker - shadow of chernobyl.. I insert the CD and 'Make Disc Image' in daemon Tools (i've also used powerISO)

then mount this image to a drive.. and double click it... the autorun comes up fine.. but when i try to press play it tells e to insert CD...

same problem with Jedi Knight Adademy... asks for disc after autorun...

I've tried instally FROM the image and stalker installed fine and then stil asks for a CD to be inserted... what am i doing wrong??? How do i know what i need to put in 'Profile' when Creating the image...?? Securom or Old secuRom or... datadisc...

please help

Originally Posted by yojoe View Post
    How do i know what i need to put in 'Profile' when Creating the image...?? Securom or Old secuRom or... datadisc...
    You take a look in our Game Database for copy protection and if the game/application isn't listed there, you use Protection ID to scan your installation folder for copy protection.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Well that doesnt help AT ALL... Please don't assume i know aything about all this...

What am i looking for???

All i have installed is daemon Tools pro ... Do i need Y.A.S.U Or alcohol 120... or anything else to do what im trying to do???

Comment

DT Pro is enough - btw which version are you running?
        Peace Through Power

Comment

4.30.0302 TRIAL version...

So do i need to uninstall the game and reinstall from the images... (i did that for JKA and it didnt work)...

just run me through what to do

thanks

Comment

newest version... but trial (for now)

So what do i need to do, install the game from the images.. (i did that for stalker and that didnt work)

Comment

You select the correct profile in DT Pro and also try different DPM speed.

BTW which Stalker do you meant?
              Peace Through Power

Comment

In his first post he mentions Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, which is the first Stalker game. This game has SecuROM 7 (EU version), so the 'New SecuROM' profile should work.

Comment

Working...
                X