Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YASU BSODing with Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Hello.
    Every time I try to use Y.A.S.U v1.3.7071/0 with daemon tools lite 4.30.1 I am getting a BSOD while starting the game ( Pure ). I am not getting a BSOD without YASU, so it seems to be the problem.
    Any clue what's going on?

You should post the minidump file here (c:\windows\minidump). Also do you remember what the BSOD said?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I didn't have time to read it. I just read somewhere how to turn off the automatic restart thing but I don't remember. Anyway, here is the dump:

Mini091908-07.dmp

Comment

Also, I got the automatic reboot off after BSOD and this the only thing after technical information:

Code:
        *** STOP:  0x0000007E  (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80001EBFBB4, 0xFFFFFA6002129408, 0xFFFFFA6002128DE0)
        That's it.

Comment

According to your minidump file, the BSOD is caused by DRVECDB.SYS, which traces back to Sonic.

Comment

Can I ask, what's "Sonic"? I have never head of such a program.

Comment

Alright. A quick google showed that this is something related with DVD burning and maybe even Roxio. I turned off everything related with Roxio but still getting that same BSOD.
              Something else seems to be the problem.

Comment

Turning off maybe isn't enough.
                Temporarily uninstall Roxio to ensure BSOD is caused by something else.
                I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Uninstalling fixed the problem!
                  Thank you for the help.

Comment

Sonic RecordNow, which is apparently included in Roxio now. as Terramex said, you'll probably need to uninstall Roxio (or at least the Sonic component of Roxio).

Comment

Working...
                    X