DT creating unreadable drive instances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT creating unreadable drive instances

I'm trying to install from an iso file, I mounted it and noticed nothing happened, and that the view of my rom drive in "My Computer" seemed to have nothing in it/mounted to it, I did a bit of investigating, which lead me to disk managment(via control panel/admin tools), I saw that DT had actually created disk drive instances that do not physically exist in my CPU, I dont know how the hell thats possible, but obviously when I try to run the drive(which by the way, actually shows up in the list of available drives in "My Computer" until I close DT, then they disappear) it says:
    "E:\ is not accessible

The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable"

That of course would likely be due to the fact that, as mentioned above, that drive doesnt exist. Why is DT creating drive instances like that instead of just using my real rom drive? I cross referenced the vendor/model numbers in that of the drive DT created and that of the real drive its supposed to be using, and they are of course different. Makes no sense.

Help please, this is very strange.

Already tried to remove the virtual drive and then readd them?
    Also already tried other images?
    Which DAEMON Tools version are you running?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

uhm, you get that message when you click on the drive and it doesn't have an image mounted...

are you actually sure about what daemon tools is / does?
      my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by ArchLich View Post
        ..., I saw that DT had actually created disk drive instances that do not physically exist in my CPU,...

..That of course would likely be due to the fact that, as mentioned above, that drive doesnt exist. Why is DT creating drive instances like that instead of just using my real rom drive?
        If i unterstand you correct, you are wondering, why D-Tools creates a physically not existing drive (a virtual drive) and does not use your physically existing drive.
        Well, thatґs the job of D-Tools; it creates a virtual DVD-Drive, in which you can mount CD/DVD-Imagefiles.

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
          Already tried to remove the virtual drive and then readd them?
          Also already tried other images?
          Which DAEMON Tools version are you running?
          Tried disabling the drives from DT if thats what u mean, everytime I set a number of drives again it just creates new drive instances, as a matter of fact, in disk management, those drive instances go up in number everytime they are created(Example: Drive 1: [E] Drive 2: [E], numbers justkeep going up), its up to 27 now. And the image I use has nothing to do with it, as soon as I open daemon tools it does this, without needing to mount an image. I'm using v4.30.1

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
          uhm, you get that message when you click on the drive and it doesn't have an image mounted...

are you actually sure about what daemon tools is / does?
          eh... dude no... if I tried to open the fake drive without an image mounted it would simply tell me to insert media, it gives me that error when there is something mounted. And yes, obviously I do know what DT is, otherwise im sure I'd sound a little more noobish, wouldnt u think?

Comment

You stultify yourself.

Above you said, the error would happen without mounting an image (without needing to mount an image) and a little while later you say "it gives me that error when there is something mounted".

Try another image.
            Last edited by Blazkowicz; 22.09.2008, 20:16.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
              You stultify yourself.

Above you said, the error would happen without mounting an image (without needing to mount an image) and a little while later you say "it gives me that error when there is something mounted".

Try another image.
              No dude, I said the fake drive instances would occur without needing to mount an image, the reason I get that error is because "DT is creating fake drive instances", the reason windows thinks those drives are corrupt and unreadable is because they are fake, they do not actually exist in my CPU. What I am trying to figure out here is WHY DT is making fake drive instances...

Comment

Stop calling them fake drives, they are called virtual drives.

Is there any error in device manager?
                DT's job is to create virtual drives.
                Last edited by Blazkowicz; 22.09.2008, 20:29.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

no there arent, all my current hardware seems to be fine and working properly, By the way, last night I did a little investigating on the ISO im trying to use aswell, I used a program called ISObuster to try and recover files on it, just to see if the ISO itself may be corrupt, and its not, I found valid files on it.(P.S. when is this mod check on my posts before posted thing gunna end?)

Comment

Originally Posted by ArchLich View Post
                    No dude, I said the fake drive instances would occur without needing to mount an image, the reason I get that error is because "DT is creating fake drive instances", the reason windows thinks those drives are corrupt and unreadable is because they are fake, they do not actually exist in my CPU. What I am trying to figure out here is WHY DT is making fake drive instances...
                    I think some things

1) We are not dudes, so stop to use that word please.

2) Daemon Tools use "Virtual Drives" and not "fake drives" like you called them.

3) It seems you don't know anything about how dt pro and dt lite work.

4) Noone here can properly understand what you're looking for but the only certain thing is that we can't help you and I think I don't have to.

Comment

When your postcount is at least 20, then your posts are showing up immediately.

Try some other sort of image (mdf/mds), it is possible the ISO bug is happening for you atm.
                      Also you can try 4.12.4 (ISO bug isn't there).
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

ok I'll try that real quick and keep you posted, hope it works though, thanks.(keep an eye on this thread though, incase it doesnt)

Comment

Originally Posted by Niko76 View Post
                          I think some things

1) We are not dudes, so stop to use that word please.

2) Daemon Tools use "Virtual Drives" and not "fake drives" like you called them.

3) It seems you don't know anything about how dt pro and dt lite work.

4) Noone here can properly understand what you're looking for but the only certain thing is that we can't help you and I think I don't have to.
                          wow, and you are extremely rude, since when is "dude" considered to be profanity? Honestly I didnt come to these forums to try and be rude to people, I simply had a problem with DT which I have never had before, and wanted to get some help, yes its quite possible that I'm misunderstanding something about DT, instead of being a douche about it and insulting me, how bout you try being nice about it and enlightening me?

Comment

@ArchLich

I never insulted you and never used any insulting word. As we are human and men, I prefer to be called like that instead of "dude". Dude is the same word of "object" or "thing" and as I (and others) don't like that word I simply told you to don't use it anymore, simple and clear.

There are different ways to ask for helping you and you've choosen the wrong one, claiming for strange problems or behaviours happening on your computer with the funny word "fake drives", so when someone replied to you asking if you already know how dt pro or dt lite work, you answered saying you're not noob while your knowledge seems to proove the opposite.

Anyway if you think I've used wrong words to you I'm sorry for that. Regarding your problems Blaz already told you what to do, so have luck.

Comment

this is strange, I tried v4.12 and I get the same error, funny because, as I said in a previous post, I checked the ISO for valid files, and it has them, I dont see any problems with the ISO, and if v4.12 doesnt have the ISO bug you mentioned, then im confused again, maybe DT just doesnt like this particular ISO

Comment

Working...
                              X