Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is DTProShellHlp.exe running by itself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is DTProShellHlp.exe running by itself?

Hi there!
    I don't know if this is a bug or something or nothing at all - I'm puzzled anyway (?).
    Thing is that I got an occasional problem with another program (DVBViewer) in hibernating my PC. So, I opened task manager to see if there is 'somebody doing something it should not'...

Then I noticed that DTProShellHlp.exe was running by itself - DTPro-main prog. was not running at the moment (and was not supposed to be because I was not using it then).
    Now I'm wondering why DTProShellHlp.exe is running, and what it is doing - or supposed to be doing??? I did kill it's process, but it started again and again (like a boomerang...) until I managed to 'hide' that file. (I made a quick 'work-around'-solution, renamed DTProShellHlp.exe to dummy, but in order to use DTPro again, I naturally have to rename it back to original...)

I'm not sure if these two apps. are interfering each other or not; my main concern is that I just found DTProShellHlp.exe there 'working' something, and I don't know what... very odd and a little bit suspicious.

Ludwig
    ---
    I'm using xp and latest DTPro adv.

Long form of DTProShellHlp is DAEMON Tools Pro Shell Helper.
    That task is responsible for Shell Extensions.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Ookey... so if I disable all DTPro Shell Extensions, DTProShellHlp.exe 'stays away' (?)
      It is a little peculiar (imho) that it works alone, when DTPro itself is not running at all. Of course, it is 'watching' if I doubleclick eg. ISO-file and starts DTPro and so on, but still...

Anyway, I'll try that (disabling). Thanx again Blaz, you 'rescue' always...

Ludwig
      Last edited by Ludwig99; 24.09.2008, 12:50.

Comment

Working...
      X