Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally stumped... C AND C 3 tiberium wars ( how to play without cd )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally stumped... C AND C 3 tiberium wars ( how to play without cd )

i followed the instructions by blaz form the thread by ruby_sauce. i used DT pro to create an image (.mdf) for c and c 3. i used the safedisc profile to create an image. After i created it, i mount it onto a virtual drive, when i select the double click the c and c icon, it starts but asks for the cd... someone help thanks. totally frustrated doing and trying this and that for 2 hours

Originally Posted by Leas4eva View Post
    i followed the instructions by blaz form the thread by ruby_sauce. i used DT pro to create an image (.mdf) for c and c 3. i used the safedisc profile to create an image.
    Battle for middle earth 2 is protected by Safedisc; that's why Blaz suggested that profile.

Tiberium Wars is protected by New Securom.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

ok so i used the new securom profile and when i try to make the disc image, this thing came up...DPM associated call failed

Comment

this thing came up...DPM associated call failed
        Try different DPM speed settings.
        What DVD drive(s) do you have ? e.g. some LiteOn models aren't supported, yet.

If DPM doesn't work with any speed then create your image with the Data disc profile
        and replace your own MDS file with one linked here.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

err.. i dont quite get what u mean. i dled the file and then? am i suppose to recreate the image from my disc and then replace what? sorry i am a newb in this. thanks

Comment

am i suppose to recreate the image from my disc and then replace what? sorry i am a newb in this. thanks
            When you create an image with Daemon Tools Pro you get 2 files:
            MDF (=main image file holding the user data),
            and MDS (=descriptor file which besides other things can store copy protection related characteristics that were measured with the DPM).

If you still have the image you've created with Safedisc profile you don't have to create a new one
            as you can also replace the MDS file of that one.
            Otherwise create a new image of your disc like suggested in my previous post.
            Both image-files need to have the same name, e.g.: CC3.mds + CC3.mdf

P.S.: as already mentioned you can alternatively try again with New Securom profile using different DPM speeds to get your own working MDS file.
            Last edited by Terramex; 01.10.2008, 14:33.

Comment

Working...
            X