no response from the cd drive???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no response from the cd drive???

hello! Excuse me if this has been posted like, ten billion times, i am at a loss for what to search for, and the few things i did try yielded me no fruitful results. i am new to these boards so naturally, i don't know what goes on day in and day out.

anyways, i have been using daemon tools for a little while now, but i just got a new computer that has vista home premium. this hasn't been a problem for me concerning daemon tools, because i've already been able to install isos/cues i made of Medieval 2 total war, Rome Total war, Madden NFL 07, Tiger Woods PGA tour 08, and MVP Baseball 2005.

Yet when I tried to mount my Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II isos in daemon tools, everything worked fine, or so it seemed. Disc 1 shone brightly in the "My Computer" window, but when i double clicked it...nothing happened. I right clicked and hit "explore" and then double clicked autorun.exe. Nothing happened. There is no response when i try to load the installation, not even a flash of an hourglass, or whatever the new windows vista loading mouse icon is now, . But seriously, like i said, my computer is refusing to respond.

I tried this three more times, and what i mean by "this" is that i would go to my upstairs computer, pop in a blank dvd, waste half an hour to 45 minutes burning the .cue file (which i had created about a year and a half ago, and has worked on my previous two laptops without a single problem) eject the disc, and pop it into my laptop's dvd drive. all to no avail, for even when i try copying the .cue to my desktop, or my documents, or my C: drive, the same thing happens.

I mount the disc perfectly fine, but when i tried to load the installation files, i get no response. One thing i noticed is that for some reason, under properties, the autorun.exe is marked under "read only". I tried unchecking this when i reburned this the third time, and when i checked it out on my laptop, it had reverted itself back to a read-only file.

I don't have the kotor II discs anymore, so that's not an option, unfortunately. Any help/suggestions?

Thanks a bunch, and sorry if i didn't search correctly!

Originally Posted by shinderhizzle84 View Post
    I don't have the kotor II discs anymore, so that's not an option, unfortunately. Any help/suggestions?
    You aren't allowed to use your images anyway anymore due to no original disc.

Also it is possible you made bad images.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
    X