Green and lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green and lost

Hello everyone . I am new here and just step by step stumbled upon this site.
    (Great luck I must say)

So the issue I am having is that before I knew of this board and it's resources I had Windows XP at the time ( about 1 month ago)
    Around this time I was curious if there was a way to play my games with out having my disc in my physical drive.

So I came across several programs that ''Mounted" the game.
    And it seemed to work!

So now about a month later I have updated with Windows Vista and now I get a problem, like for example with Command and Conquer 3 and it's add-on Kane's wrath- when I try to run Kane's wrath via the mounted route , it says I must install Command and conquer 3.

But I have already done so, and played it.
    So I have dug deeper to try and figure out why it's giving me this problem.

Now of course I can see it would more than likely be Vista, but in my attempt to find a solution( hours searching online)
    I came across someone mentioning daemon-tools and something about Alkohol.
    So i did some searching and came across this board and now I must say I might have found the place where I can find help and maybe offer some in the near future.

So I will be searching the post here and to see if I can come up with anything at all to help me figure out what I am doing.
    I am very new at this.
    If anyone knows of some good starter threads for me to look over ( already read the rules ) to get me familiar with the basics I would gladly appreciate it.

So just wanted to say Hi to all and let everyone know my situation.
    peace .

DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Program overview
    DAEMON Tools Lite Help: Introduction
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Thanks for the links Blazkowicz.

I will look these over to get familar with these tools.

Nice pick by the way!

Comment

Working...
      X