BSOD on image create

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD on image create

I'm getting a blue screen of death at the very end of an image create with DT Pro 4.30.0302 with a message of Machine_check_exception. It always happens at the very end of the process. My DVD drive is an ASUS DRW-2014L1T.

The source cd is securom version 5 etc. I have tried on other DVD/CD's as well.

TIA

Mozy

You already made a memory test using memtest over some hours?

Stop error message in Windows XP that you may receive: "0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x00000000, 0xb2000000, 0x00020151)"
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I've done a full memory test. All passed. I'm running XP Pro SP3 with 2GB of memory.

I never have any other problems except when trying to create an image from certain newer securom CDs. Unprotected CDs I'm able to image fine.

Thanks

Comment

And how long did you run that memory test?
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I used the most recent bootable cd (memtest86+ v2.0) and let it run for about 12 hours.

Comment

OK. Do you have any minidump (windows\minidump)?
            Peace Through Power

Comment

I do. How do I get it to you?

Comment

You use attachment system and if it isn't working, upload it to e. g. megaupload and post the link here.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

OK. Attached in a zip file.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This is a hardware error. This error was reported by the CPU via Interrupt 18.
                    _VAL_UC_EN_PCC_BUSCONNERR_30F which means time out of Bus and Interconnect Error.

Could be an faulty mainboard, maybe also graphic card or maybe caused when power supply doesn't deliver the correct voltage.

Have you tried to install the latest drivers and windows updates?

EDIT: Do you have a VIA chipset on your mainboard? If yes, please update your BIOS and try again.
                    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 04.10.2008, 21:04.
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

Hmm...IRQ 18 has my video card. I'll check that out. I don't have a VIA chipset, but I will still make sure I have the latest bios.

I'll do some driver checking and testing and post back with my results.

Thank you for your help.

Mozy

Comment

OK. I've updated all of my video and chipset drivers.

The good news is that I don't get a BSOD while trying to make an image now. BTW, thank you very much for helping me to trouble shoot this. On side note, what tool do you use for the minidmp file?

However, now I get a vague "Disk imaging failed!". Again it is at the same point of the process as before (the very end). A .MDF file gets created but the .MDS doesn't.

Is there anyway to perhaps get some more verbose message? Or maybe some log file?

Thanks again!

Comment

I used "Debugging Tools for Windows" by Microsoft.

OK, please try to check Ignore read error and Subchannel reading. It isn't possible to get verbose messages
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

OK. I checked "Ignore bad blocks" and picked "Ignore error and add sector to bad block map" and left subchannels to "none".

I got the BSOD this time same as before. Should I be doing something with the Subchannel?

Comment

You can set Subchannel. You get BSOD without these options or with?

You checked if computer's temperature is ok?
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                              X