Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another plea for assistance.

Hello,
    I'm sorry to bother everyone with this...

I'm even more sorry if the answer is right in front of my face, but I can't see it... The cold medication is probably 'helping' with that...

My husband and I both own copies of neverwinter nights gold, and Hordes of the Underdark. we've had them for years... We recently got the inkling to play through them again, so, I've spent today installing, updating, etc... or that was the plan.

My hordes of the underdark (HOTU) CD has been damaged, it'd seem, over the last two moves, and 3 sets of destructive, inconsiderate roommates. The disk doesn't actually look too bad, but windows flat refuses to read from it without erroring.

The husband's CD works, though. But, in order to PLAY the game, you need the CD...

So, I'm thinking.. I want to do one of the following:

1) Copy my husband's CD to a real CD, so that I have a hard copy of the disc. (preferred!)
    2) Copy my husband's CD to an image file, which I will mount every time I want to play.

The problem is, I really don't know where, or what is the best idea here. there's TONS of information available here on the forums, but the truth is, I don't have the basic knowledge needed to paste all of this information into a clear, coherant picture for me to look at.

I know I can find out what sort of copy protection the game has using Protection ID, but I don't know HOW that works. The program is terrifyingly intimidating to us newbies. I know that once I find out that kind of protection it has, I can find the best combination of copying tools, and burning tools to use, but hen I have to find out what settings to use, and if I need to do the hokeypokey every time I mount the image or set the disk in the drive...

So... if someone can help me, I'd really appreciate it. Maybe the text replied to me can be modified and turned into a sticky or something to lessen the number of requests like this one.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 03.10.2008, 20:51.

Create an image with New SecuROM profile.
    For help with DAEMON Tools Pro, visit the following link:

DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Program overview
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I will look at the website that has been linked to me, and try t o figure out how to do what you've suggested, though I do not have Daemon tools pro. But perhaps I can figure out how to make it work with the lite version, or with another program entierly. Unfortunatly I cannot afford to buy DT pro... having food on my table is more important.

Comment

There is a trial version out.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
        X