PDA

View Full Version : DT Lite removal tool

Chus
05.10.2008, 11:51
Hy all,

Ive purchased recently Battlefield 2142. With the latest patch 1.50 Securom 7.37XXX gets installed.

Now the game wont start because of emulation software detection.

As I dont need the Daemon tool software so I uninstalled it.
Used also the SPTD installer to remove the SPTD drivers.
I also removed, the keys in the registry of the SPTD:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SPTD
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices I deleted the devices where SCSI was included.
I removed also under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT the keys for " .CCD, .SUB, .CUE,.IMG, .ISO,.BWT,"

I also deleted the folder DAEMON Tools, under the "%userprofile%\Application Data\ Folder"

As the game still didnt start, I uninstalled the securom utility by using the securom_uninsaller.zip from the securom support page.
Additionally I followed this guide from the tomshardware forum.
How to remove Securom malware after uninstalling the Bioshock demo (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/98241-13-remove-securom-malware-uninstalling-bioshock-demo)

And sure reinstalled the game and the 1.5 patch.

Still doesnt work.

I have no Idea what to remove next.

Is there a way to trace SR process activity to find out what is causing this emulation detection?

Is there a guide to totally remove the daemon tools software? Did I miss something?

I would be grateful if someone could help or has any idea.

PD: I can not use most of the securom hiding tools cause it could lead to a ban by the cheat detection software ("Not only by Punkbuster used by BF2142, also by other cheat/hack/loader detection systems.").

Blazkowicz
05.10.2008, 13:03
Do you see any link of SecuROM?
You do have installed CloneCD?