css/cppm ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• css/cppm ?

Hello to all, Iam trying to back up one of my dvd movies but when I try to make an image with alcohol 120 it gives me this message " this dvd disc is a copy protected disc!!It is currentlly not possible to dump a protected disc with this software. you could get errors during the dumping process"

and when I choose continue anyway the dumping process stops with errors.

any one knows why a120% will not make an image of this dvd?

when I start the image making wizard under cd type, it says protection:css/cppm is it impossible to make an image of a disc with these protections?

thanks in advance

Alc won't do this because of legal issues. You can try dvd decryptor (free);
    as it can dump dvd as mds.

Comment

will it make 1:1 back up copies?

Comment

The problem is : "I want to make an image of my dvd, but it's encrypted", right ? DVD decryptor will allow you to extract and decrypt the VOB files on your hard disk (illegal in USA and Germany, and perhaps soon in all Europa.. beware!);
        but not to create an image.

It seems to be another interessing solution : AnyDVD, from Slysoft, the guys who continue CloneCD.. it works on the background, filter all DVD protections, and let the DVD appear as unprotected.

I don't have tried it for the moment, but you could do, and let us know..

Comment

You kidding!? For sure DVD Decrpyter creates an image! It even splits it in nice chunks if your hdd partition is e.g. FAT32.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

:oops: True. :oops:

Well, I don't know so much about dvd-decrypter, using it for a short time, and only for the vob's fonctionnality, in place of.. smartripper! :?

However, if someone should have experienced AnyDvd, it could be interesting to talk about it.

Apologies to nfixit2004
            Next time I verify my informations.

Comment

thanks for the responses guys, dvd decryptor did work and allowed me to make a back up image of my movie and burn it , dvd decyptor is hot, maybe went I run in to a bump in the road will check out others, AnyDVD etc.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Next time I verify my informations
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No problem capjack. I appreciate you reading and responding to my post

Comment

Working...
              X