Occasional crashes with music cue files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occasional crashes with music cue files

I can live with this problem but if there is a solution, I would appreciate knowing about it. I observed the problem several times with version 4.03. I just changed to version 4.30 (lite).

I typically only mount music cue files, up to 4 at a time. The music is 5.1 dts waves that I create myself with Surcode CD. Normally, the cue file is something like this:

FILE "01.wav" WAVE
    TRACK 01 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 0:00:00
    FILE "02.wav" WAVE
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
    FILE "03.wav" WAVE
    TRACK 03 AUDIO

... and so on. I normally play the mounted CD's with Power DVD.

It usually works fine, but I get a Power DVD error at the start of some tracks (or perhaps it is the end of the previous tracks). A track finishes and just before the next track starts, the error happens and Power DVD crashes. When a track has a problem, it occurs every time I play the track. I simply restart Power DVD and fast forward to the track that crashed and it plays fine from there.

I also have the problem if I play the virtual CD with a different player like Foobar 2000. I don't have the problem if I burn the CD and play it with Power DVD from the CD drive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

There must be smth wrong with WAVs then, as normal WAVs inside CUE mount and play ok for us in Media Player and PowerDVD.
    DT supports only standard 16 bit stereo 44.1 kHz WAVs
    which are mapped directly to CD audio track.
    If your WAVs do not follow this then it may be cause of failure.

Comment

Originally Posted by Development View Post
      There must be smth wrong with WAVs then, as normal WAVs inside CUE mount and play ok for us in Media Player and PowerDVD.
      DT supports only standard 16 bit stereo 44.1 kHz WAVs
      which are mapped directly to CD audio track.
      If your WAVs do not follow this then it may be cause of failure.
      You're probably right. What is odd is that 95% of my waves don't have this problem, so it's really hard to isolate what is wrong. I was just hoping that someone else on this forum would have experienced the same thing and have a solution for me. By the way, DTS waves are viewed by Windows as stereo files but they actually contain 5.1 channels encoded into two.

Comment

Maybe you could contact support and upload one of such WAVs causing the problem so we could test.

Comment

Working...
        X