Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't activate my DT 4 PRO Advanced Trial.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't activate my DT 4 PRO Advanced Trial.

Having an odd problem. Being a fan of DT lite I thought i'd give Pro Advanced a try for the vIDE support. Anyways registered and downloaded DTPro4300303.exe . It stalls fine up to the point of activation. The window offers me the option of pay or trial. I selected trial, with the advanced version selected and my email/ name. If connects somewhere and comes back "illegal purchase" and direct me back to disk-soft.

Now the strange thing is tried the same file on another system and it activated fine. The difference between the system is the first is Vista 32 bit(failed activation) and the other(worked) is XP Pro sp2.

thanks for any thoughts.

You used same email address?
    You tried to redownload the setup (it is for the system)?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      You used same email address?
      You tried to redownload the setup (it is for the system)?
      yes when I try to activate the trial I used the same e-mail as I used to register on the disk-soft site.
      And yes I have re downloaded the file a few times now with no success getting activated.

thanks for responding.

Comment

You are using a proxy?
        Peace Through Power

Comment

No proxy here. Though I've had some communication with tech support. Here is the e-mails thus far.

> Hiya, big fan of you DT light and wanted to try advanced pro. I downloaded the trial but keep getting an "illegal purchase" error then directed here. The system I am trying to install this on is Vista 32 bit OS. The Strange thing is I was able to install and use the trial fine on a Win XP system.(using the same install file.) Can you please assist me in getting my DT Pro Advanced trial too activate properly.
          >

Tech responce:

Dear Sir,

The reason is that you're trying to activate DT Pro Trial for your system while it has been already activated for another user (e-mail) on the same PC/OS.

--
          Sincerely,
          Tech Support

>and my responce

Thank you for the fast response. I am unsure as to how this has occurred. I've been using CT light for some time now, it replacing older DT free versions. Today was the first time I attempted to install this product. This e-mail, xxxxxx@xxxxxx.com is the one I used to register on disk-soft.com, and is the one I attempted to use in activation. On a later attempt i was successful in activating the "normal version". I uninstalled this realizing my error. Perhaps this is how i messed things up. Regardless is there a means got getting the trial or a purchased version of the DT 4 Pro advanced installed proper?

Thanks for your time.

------

And thats where I am at now. I'm plenty willing to buy it, if it works.

Comment

You are using a proxy?
            I exchanced a few e-mails with tech support:

> Hiya, big fan of you DT light and wanted to try advanced pro. I downloaded the trial but keep getting an "illegal purchase" error then directed here. The system I am trying to install this on is Vista 32 bit OS. The Strange thing is I was able to install and use the trial fine on a Win XP system.(using the same install file.) Can you please assist me in geting my DT Pro Advanced trial too activate properly.
            >
            -------------------
            tech responce:

Dear Sir,

The reason is that you're trying to activate DT Pro Trial for your system while it has been already activated for another user (e-mail) on the same PC/OS.
            --
            Sincerely,
            Tech Support
            -------------------------
            and my responce:

Thank you for the fast response. I am unsure as to how this has occurred. I've been using CT light for some time now, it replacing older DT free versions. Today was the first time I attempted to install this product. This e-mail, eashadowstar@hotmail.com is the one I used to register on disk-soft.com, and is the one I attempted to use in activation. On a later attempt i was successful in activating the "normal version". I uninstalled this realizing my error. Perhaps this is how i messed things up. Reguardless is there a means got getting the trial or a purchased version of the DT 4 Pro advanced installed proper?

Thanks for your time.

----------------

Anyways still no luck. I sopose I could always do a system restore from a back up.

Comment

You are using a proxy?
              Hello i downloaded the daemon tools trial version and when i try to install it it says that the validation period has expired and when it tryes to connect to the server the connection fails and the instalation is interrupted. What can i do for it to work??? Pls help! i am using vista 32. Thanks

Comment

I am experiencing the same problem as CStarr - always get the Software already activated by different user from the same PC/OS" message.

I can activate the Basic option however.

this is my third reply to this thread but someone keeps on deleting them ?!?

Comment

Error:
                  "Software already activated by different user from the same PC/OS"

Can someone please remove any disc-soft.com accounts that I have signed up for (un-knowingly by installing the trial software) so that I can sign up using a legitimate email and try this software?

Had I known that it was going to create an account (and that it was required) I would have used a legitimate email address the first time around. I have a policy of not handing out my email address to just any company on the internet.

I can provide a list of email addresses that I used to try to activate the trial software via a private message if needed.

Thank you

Comment

I don't understand why we are being ignored, or worse, getting our posts deleted over this topic. Can we please get some support?

Comment

Your posts aren't being deleted. All non-customers with less than 20 posts are moderated, and thus your posts do not show up immediately.

Comment

Same problem

No, bradqui is correct, I was also involved with a thread regarding very similar problems with the account that was registered while trying to install the trial software. We had several responses and then the thread ewas removed without any warning. The link to that thread was

Anyway I dont want to purchase this software if there is a chance this will happen with the full license.

In a similar way to bradqui, when a bit of trial software asks me for an email address I dont use a valid one (junk mail is already a pain) and now it seems that because of this account beenn created in the backround I am unable to use Daemon Tools. Cant we just get the accounts removed??

Comment

They doesn't got removed, only moved into internal forum part for discussion.

Also you see the answer at announcement section.
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

?

And so if I understand this right, if I were to purchase a copy of Daemon Tools it would still not work and you wouldn't provide support because (without any notification) your trial software created an account on a website for me??

Comment

If you purchase a copy, it doesn't matter.
                              Restriction is only for trial version.
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                              X