Clear All

• No emulation option in menu

CPU: AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core
    Memory: 3GB DDRII
    Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8500GT 512MB
    AV: AVG V8 Free
    Firewall: Vista Firewall

Daemon Tools Pro V4.30.0303

I've been a user of DT free version for sometime now and finally decided to go DT Pro.

Purchased the DT Pro standard (Scsi devices only) today and installed OK. Can mount images including BD ISO's without a problem.

The only thing I am having trouble with is there is no emulation option when I right click on the tray Icon.

I have looked at the online help pages which shows the menu items as follows

Open DaemonTools Pro
    Virtual CD/DVD ROM
    Emulation
    Options
    Help
    Exit

My menu however shows....

Open DaemonTools Pro
    Virtual CD/DVD ROM
    Image Catalog
    Recently Used Images
    etc.
    I have looked in the menu setup dialog from the main program but cannot see any mention of emulation as a menu item.

The question is simply - where can I find the emulation options or enable them in the menu ?

EDIT: Forgot to add - I have tried using the support forums search feature but it did not return any posts with a similar problem.
    Last edited by storeman; 05.11.2008, 19:22.

Online help is currently in reorganization and is being redone. I don't have any ETA atm.

You can find the emulation options in Tools -> Settings -> Advanced.

But you only need emulations when you burn DVDs.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Online help is currently in reorganization and is being redone. I don't have any ETA atm.

You can find the emulation options in Tools -> Settings -> Advanced.

But you only need emulations when you burn DVDs.
      Thanks for the quick reply. As you correctly mentioned I had already found the emulation from within the main program but it was far easier in the free version by having them on the tray icon right click menu. I would prefer to have this back if at all possible. It is the way I am used to working with DT Free. Has this been taken away in DT Pro ?

Comment

It is a general change and not only for the Pro version - new unreleased Lite version has also that change.

Also you normally don't need emulation options.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
        X