'daemon.msi' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'daemon.msi' ?

I used to have Daemon Tools working before I upraded my OS to Windows Xp Pro. But I think I accidently deleted the installer to it to clear some space for my computer. But when I was going to try Daemon Tools once again it couldn't find the file or something. So I downloaded Daemon Tools again, and when I try to install it I get this.

' The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'daemon.msi' in the box below.

Use this feature from: (Then it gives me a choice to browse my computer for daemon.msi and then a chance to click OK or cancel.)

Ah yes, and by the way, Daemon tools still shows on the Add/Remove programs window. When I try to remove it I get that same very message as well. I'll be happy to answer any questions for more information about my conflict and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

This is a problem with the 'clever' (venom's words) windows xp upgrade. You will need to figure out which version you had, post that, and we will send you that version.

Comment

I don't know if I could verify the version but, how will saying this help?

Comment

Please read THIS Thread CAREFULLY !!

Then come back here and report the Version - Number, that should at least help you to remove Daemon Tools. Then we can look further

Comment

I think it could be Daemon Tools 3.17 which was released on 8/15. BUT, one of the last images I modified was on 8/1. So which was the latest version that was out on August 1st? I have a feeling its that one or the one that was released on the 15th of August. So would anyone be kind enough to send me the 'daemon.msi' files for both of those versions? hmm.. e-mail is ddr2damax@yahoo.com and my AOL Instant Messenger Name is Ddrfreak910 and my ICQ Number is 166091150 and I'm the one who requested authorization 'andareed' and 'Locutus' if you guys wondered who. Once again, all help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Comment

ok, emailed it

Comment

Working...
            X