Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

daemon.exe -get_letter <device_number> generates no output.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daemon.exe -get_letter <device_number> generates no output.

Hello,

I was trying the following commands, at the DOS prompt :

daemon.exe -mount 0, "D:\AAA_BBB.img"
    daemon.exe -get_letter 0

After the first command, I was able to use the Windows Explorer and to verify that the image was mounted sucessfully. By running the second command, I was hoping to be able to get a driver letter, for exampe "E". And if this works for me, I will write a script to automate some testing that I am working on.

The "Command Line Switches" section at DAEMON Tools Lite Help: Introduction said that the "-get_letter" switch would return the drive letter for the specified device. Unfortunately, when I ran the second command, on DOS, it returned to the next DOS prompt but did not generate any output.

I wonder if you could tell me what I was doing wrong? Or is there another way to achieve what I was trying to do?

Thank you for your help,

Akino.

Daemon will return value to %errorlevel% variable.
    Here is the small example, just add the following two strings to batch file:

daemon.exe -get_letter 0
    echo %errorlevel%

Execute the batch file and you will see the drive letter id in command output (A is 0, B is 1, C is 3, etc), i.e. in case you get 9 it means the drive letter is J:

Comment

That worked! Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I am able to get

daemon.exe -get_letter n
      echo %errorlevel%

to work. When running in a .bat file, the echo command gives a number, which can be mapped to a letter, like you wrote.

Thanks again,

Akino.

Comment

Working...
      X