PDA

View Full Version : SPTD 1.60 supports all versions of Windows 7

Protecus
23.11.2008, 17:00
Hello DAEMON Tools friends,

currently I'm using Windows 7 Beta 6801 x64. When I try to setup DAEMON Tools Lite v4.30.1 x64, it always trys to install the SPTD driver and wants a reboot afterwards. Than this progress starts again and again, but it won't let me install DAEMON Tools. So I red some articels in this board and downloaded the SPTD standalone driver. But it's still the same problem. Did any of you get DAEMON Tools running on Windows 7 or can any help me by solving my problem?

Regards,
Protecus

Blazkowicz
23.11.2008, 17:01
Beta operating systems aren't supported.

sashakis
26.11.2008, 10:58
Hello!

I want to tell about one problem:
on windows 7SEVEN Build 6801 32 Bit the program is not set, please do support.

Thank you. :)

Copytrooper
26.11.2008, 11:15
There won't be support for OS in early beta stage.

kalel90
13.12.2008, 08:05
While that was a good argument for vista when it was in beta not so much for windows 7 as of right now at this moment its as stable as it will be when it goes gold also im sure the problem is easily fixable because 99.9% of all software and drivers that work on vista work on windows 7 perfectly.

ifvrt12
13.12.2008, 15:02
Protecus
Try to install SPTD separately, and remeber to run it as administrator; Then you can get your DT installed.

And is this not too early to start using Win7 as it's still in beta stage?

kalel90
14.12.2008, 00:30
Normally i would say yes but the public beta comes out in early jan. so why not start on fixing it now?

Also unlike the vista alpha/betas windows 7 is more stable than vista itself they did a really good job on it.

Blazkowicz
14.12.2008, 00:57
There are much more important tasks to do instead of adding support for a beta product.

phoenix
18.12.2008, 08:27
There are much more important tasks to do instead of adding support for a beta product.

I think you will find that Daemon Tools Dev, Just like Alcohol Dev, are presently in communication with Microsoft concerning Windows 7 builds for application compatibility testing, so i doubt it will be long before both softwares are supported.

However as we found with Vista Beta versions we could have no problem with one Beta then MS would release a new Beta that would cause problems that woudl need to be resolved, so its pointless wasting too much time supporting Beta versions untill the final Beta is available prior to public version.

Blazkowicz
18.12.2008, 08:43
I am aware of that case phoenix.

cyberoidx
12.01.2009, 11:33
How about considering support now, after a public beta to more than 2.5 million systems?

jdaniel
12.01.2009, 17:01
Tried to install DT Lite v4.30.3 on Windows 7 beta1 x86. It tries to install SPTD at every restart. tried to install SPTD separately, same result. OS reported incompatible application.
Runing as Administrator.

Jito463
12.01.2009, 21:29
Why would they consider support now, just because the beta is public? There's still a number of changes MS could make to the beta version before it's final, requiring additional work on the part of DTools and Duplex Secure. I understand playing with new betas and desiring to have all your old software working in the new beta OS, but when you're dealing with a small development team, tradeoffs must be made. One of those tradeoffs is that development time must be spent wisely, and wasting time developing software for a beta OS is not spending it wisely.

kalel90
13.01.2009, 05:25
I'm not sure you guys get it unlike vista windows 7 doesn't have a huge amount of changes it isn't even a new kernel it works virtually the same as vista not much if anything will be changing from this beta forward only bug fixes which there doesn't seem to be a lot of. If there going to support windows 7 now would be the time to start working on it.

MaLing
13.01.2009, 06:44
Phoenix and Jito have clearly mentioned the reasons from the developers' point of view, so I should like to supplement from the users' point of view.

Persoanlly I think it is also a big waste of time and effort for users to put all the existing programmes, which are not designed for future unknown operating systems, to work with new beta operating systems.

After inputing so much time and effort to make programmes to work for a current particular beta version, the programmes are likely incompatible for the next beta version, so what is the point of doing so?

Put this idea even to a public release formal version:
Let us say that Windows 7 final version were release today, but Microsoft declared that it would last for one month, and Windows 8 would be released next month, would you try to make programmes work with Windows 7 then? Or would you just wait for Windows 8?

Jito463
13.01.2009, 15:14
It's not a new kernel, true. But there have been changes made to the kernel. If it was just "Windows Vista" (as others have claimed), then everything would work right out of the box with no changes required.

Until they get to the "RC" stage (Release Candidate), many things could be changed/added/cut. Even then, they'll usually go through a minimum of 2 RC's before they launch the final version, which is why it's unlikely we'll see Windows 7 until 2010.

Given that official launch is a year away or more, why worry about it now? I'd rather they spend time developing new updates to make it work more efficiently with Vista/XP.

cyberoidx
15.01.2009, 11:39
IMHO, the "public beta" is sent out so that developers can make their software work right, and be right on time when the final is out....

Jito463
16.01.2009, 20:28
You're right, and I have no doubt the devs are looking into it, but don't expect a version to be released with support for Windows 7.

Zak
19.01.2009, 13:04
The problem with this "lazy" approach (not even looking at the problem because its in beta) is that people will look for alternatives and may be equally content with them. Thus, DT loses potential customers.
I could understand this is Win7 was vastly different from Vista but since almost all other drivers are compatible I have a feeling the fix would be quite simply. In addition many WinXP-customers are hungry for a new non-Vista OS so in the next months the beta and RC versions of Win7 are likely to get very popular.

So it might make sense to spend a few hours to look into the problem, maybe it really is a quick and dirty fix. It's not like people expect full Win7 support but it would be nice if at least the core functions were working.

Razor2992
20.01.2009, 21:54
I have been testing Windows 7 X64 for a day or so and i have the same issue. but looks like someone else got to it before i did. haha well drop me a message when they fix the issue

rackley
22.01.2009, 01:30
Saying that Win7 won't be released until 2010 just shows ignorance about the product. I run it on all 3 of my daily use systems, and for Christ's sake, even my wife is running it on her laptop.

Win7 Beta 1 compares to most other products' RC2 in terms of stability. MS is planning on releasing this as gold code in a matter of months, not years.

Just something to chew on. Sitting on one's laurels and saying "we won't touch it because it isn't RTM" is a good way to get run out of business when your competitors already have a product that works and people are switching to it because they are forced to.

mrgreaper
22.01.2009, 15:48
im also now on windows 7 (so much more stable then vista and so many more nice features)

every time i load windows i get an error about daemon tools not being compatable (i updated from vista) i decided it must be a problem with the free verson so came here to buy the pro and thought i better check the forum to see if any special install instructions are needed for windows 7. im glad i did as i would of paid for something i cant use !!! now the beta as i understand it will go till august 2009 that either means deamon tools need to get their finger out and support it ("dont support beta operating systems" come on thats what the betas are for so that developers can build thier apps and test them) or i need to find an alternative with more active developers i really dont want to do that, i like daemon tools and have used since the pre gready days when toolbars werent bundled in and developers provided thier best work free with out using the heres a free version heres a paid verson aproach

Blazkowicz
22.01.2009, 18:27
Since a public beta is finally out, devs will take a look into soon. But first DuplexSecure needs to release a build of SPTD for Windows 7.

Kitna
23.01.2009, 21:59
im also now on windows 7 (so much more stable then vista and so many more nice features)

every time i load windows i get an error about daemon tools not being compatable (i updated from vista) i decided it must be a problem with the free verson so came here to buy the pro and thought i better check the forum to see if any special install instructions are needed for windows 7. im glad i did as i would of paid for something i cant use !!! now the beta as i understand it will go till august 2009 that either means deamon tools need to get their finger out and support it ("dont support beta operating systems" come on thats what the betas are for so that developers can build thier apps and test them) or i need to find an alternative with more active developers i really dont want to do that, i like daemon tools and have used since the pre gready days when toolbars werent bundled in and developers provided thier best work free with out using the heres a free version heres a paid verson aproach
You've been using Daemon Tools s for many years. Since before they bundled adware (and then removed it). In all those years you didn't buy the product which has been actively supported and updated and yet you call them greedy for wanting to get paid for their work?

evlncrn8
24.01.2009, 01:07
you forgot about him installing a beta (effectively free) operating system too... cheapskate heh

nyichiban
30.01.2009, 20:42
If you want a virtual CD mounter for now try Pismo File Mount. It doesn't say it works for windows 7 but I have had no problems mounting my ISO images and installing software or watching movies. Using this till Daemon tools is fixed for Windows 7.

Molcga
31.01.2009, 21:38
Here's a list of problems with everyone's comments here.
#1) Win7 is a beta, and has yet to receive many of its changes (it is basically vista atm)
#2) There will be many new things before it's released.
#3) This OS is not free, you must have Vista SP1 or you cannot install it.
#4) This beta build, 7000, will probably be the last until further leaks occur.
#5) Win7 is intended to be released by the end of 2009 (Qrtr4)
#6) Win7 is not more stable than vista, there are still many issues with different software, etc. However, it is still a high-end beta product.
#7) Applications with active developers are slowly being developed now into working with Win7 fully. Even Kaspersky has been working with Microsoft.

I suggest all of you keep up on whats going on.

henrikfm
31.01.2009, 22:28

That's wrong, you don't need Vista SP1 to install Windows 7.

It's open to everyone and free, you can get it here:

Welcome to Windows 7 (http://www.microsoft.com/windows7)

Microsoft gives you a key and it works until August 2009.

r4v3n
31.01.2009, 22:33
Molcga:
#1. Features are most likely completely set, so not many changes besides bug fixes, so now is the time for 3rd party developers (e g Daemon Tools) to report problem. So it is a very good time to start doing this, which the DT deveopers are doing as well :) Better to wait for something stable so do not push DT developers too much. (keep up the good work)
#2. Se #1
#3. Win7 beta 7000 is free to use with a time limit(1st August). Anyone can download it (Download the Windows 7 Beta (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/beta-download.aspx)) and get a personal product key. You can choose to do a clean install or an upgrade, it is up to you. Of course if you want to go with upgrade, you need Vista to upgrade, but most people do clean install on test systems. If you have been fooled to buy the beta, then report this. If you can buy it as media being sent to you, I guess there is a small fee, but download should be free.
#4. Historically (XP, 2003, Vista, 2008), sometimes one or two release candidates are also released to the public after the beta(s) when it is close to RTM for developers/IT pros to make sure there are no problems after beta fixes.
#6. I run Win7 on all my computers since the 7000 beta came out and I have had not stability problems. Newer and more drivers included should probably make it better for most people. I have only had a problem with Acrobat Reader that don't open PDF files inside IE windows, but FoxIT does a good job or Acrobat Reader standalone open. I have had a few applications that won't install(e g DT), but then I have been warned and cannot install them, so I have (been forced) to avoid stability problems.
#7. Yes. All companies want to be ready, else customers switch to other similar products that work today.

r4v3n
01.02.2009, 00:24
Molcga:
#1. Here is some more interesting reading from Win7 team:
Engineering Windows 7 : Our Next Engineering Milestone (http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/01/30/our-next-engineering-milestone.aspx)
...we announced that the Beta test in early 2009 would be both API and feature complete...
...With the RC... However at this milestone we will be very selective about what changes we make between the Release Candidate and the final product, and very clear in communicating them. We will act on the most critical issues....we expect very few changes to the code... We often “joke” that this is the point of lowest productivity for the development team because we all come to work focused on the product but we write almost no code. That’s the way it has to be—the ship is on the launch pad and all the tools are put away in the toolbox to be used only in case of the most critical issues...

johngalt
01.02.2009, 09:51
Here's a list of problems with everyone's comments here.
#1) Win7 is a beta, and has yet to receive many of its changes (it is basically vista atm)
#2) There will be many new things before it's released.
#4) This beta build, 7000, will probably be the last until further leaks occur.
#5) Win7 is intended to be released by the end of 2009 (Qrtr4)
#6) Win7 is not more stable than vista, there are still many issues with different software, etc. However, it is still a high-end beta product.
#7) Applications with active developers are slowly being developed now into working with Win7 fully. Even Kaspersky has been working with Microsoft.

I suggest all of you keep up on whats going on.

I suggest that you not make glittering generalities about something that you haven't really tried out. As another user below points out your mistakes, I am not going to do so again, but please keep the commentary factual.

The main problem is that of driver development - though not to the extent that we saw in Vista. Added to that fact is the proliferation of 64bit builds as they are much more easily available to the general public - and you have a small (but much smaller than with Vista) fiasco of some (read:a very limited set of certain) apps not working with Vista.

That's wrong, you don't need Vista SP1 to install Windows 7.

It's open to everyone and free, you can get it here:

Welcome to Windows 7 (http://www.microsoft.com/windows7)

Microsoft gives you a key and it works until August 2009.

Yup - and you need Vista SP1 to *upgrade* - else you can do a clean install no matter what OS you currently have.

Molcga:
#1. Features are most likely completely set, so not many changes besides bug fixes, so now is the time for 3rd party developers (e g Daemon Tools) to report problem. So it is a very good time to start doing this, which the DT deveopers are doing as well :) Better to wait for something stable so do not push DT developers too much. (keep up the good work)
#2. Se #1
#3. Win7 beta 7000 is free to use with a time limit(1st August). Anyone can download it (Download the Windows 7 Beta (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/beta-download.aspx)) and get a personal product key. You can choose to do a clean install or an upgrade, it is up to you. Of course if you want to go with upgrade, you need Vista to upgrade, but most people do clean install on test systems. If you have been fooled to buy the beta, then report this. If you can buy it as media being sent to you, I guess there is a small fee, but download should be free.
#4. Historically (XP, 2003, Vista, 2008), sometimes one or two release candidates are also released to the public after the beta(s) when it is close to RTM for developers/IT pros to make sure there are no problems after beta fixes.
#6. I run Win7 on all my computers since the 7000 beta came out and I have had not stability problems. Newer and more drivers included should probably make it better for most people. I have only had a problem with Acrobat Reader that don't open PDF files inside IE windows, but FoxIT does a good job or Acrobat Reader standalone open. I have had a few applications that won't install(e g DT), but then I have been warned and cannot install them, so I have (been forced) to avoid stability problems.
#7. Yes. All companies want to be ready, else customers switch to other similar products that work today.

To be fair, it was already mentioned earlier in the post that the DT devs are (most likely) already in contact with the M$ devs to get this resolved....

Molcga:
#1. Here is some more interesting reading from Win7 team:
Engineering Windows 7 : Our Next Engineering Milestone (http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/01/30/our-next-engineering-milestone.aspx)
...we announced that the Beta test in early 2009 would be both API and feature complete...
...With the RC... However at this milestone we will be very selective about what changes we make between the Release Candidate and the final product, and very clear in communicating them. We will act on the most critical issues....we expect very few changes to the code... We often “joke” that this is the point of lowest productivity for the development team because we all come to work focused on the product but we write almost no code. That’s the way it has to be—the ship is on the launch pad and all the tools are put away in the toolbox to be used only in case of the most critical issues...

Interesting read.

FWIW, though, all the folks "clamoring" for a DT release - your noise is not going to make it one bit faster - until the DT team is ready to release DT and stand behind the product as working on W7, they won't - and as for me, personally, I'd rather have a *working* DT than a not working / partially working DT for W7.

insaint
02.02.2009, 12:34
It's not my place to give advice, but it is my place as a customer that either has to pay (for PRO) or has to put up with adds (for LITE) to request features and support that he needs.

Either way you are kind of missing the point. People are more satisfied with the performance and the features of the Windows 7 (be beta as it may), more than any other Windows and aren't likely to be comming back to any other Windows. Since Windows PC support is cardinal part of my job I see this among (lets call them) novice, intermediate and even advanced users (and a lot of them). Most people are not interested if it's beta, they just need Daemon Tools and are ready to pay for it. And once they go PRO... :wink: For now those people are using UltraISO/PowerISO/MagicISO, WinMount, Virtual Clone Drive or something else. The point is - they are not using Daemon Tools, which LITE or PRO means less customers, less market, less profit.

microtehnica
03.02.2009, 11:14
Same problem with Daemon Tools on Windows 7 Beta test version .

I hope to repair this problem compatibility with win 7

I`m waiting a pach/fix for this ...

Thanks !

Jito463
03.02.2009, 20:24
Novice users shouldn't be running a beta OS, intermediate users should never run a beta OS as their primary OS, and advanced users know to expect compatibility issues with software when running a beta OS.

Sorry, I just call them like I see them.

insaint
03.02.2009, 21:53
Realy? You're telling people what they should do or not. Thing is they decide what to do. They might kind off take it personaly and decide to go with something else than Daemon Tools. Anyway - have it your way.

and advanced users know to expect compatibility issues with software when running a beta OS.

and besides users don't have compatibility issues with software, but rather compatibility issues with DT devs. and their unwilligless to grant support for an operating system that is quite used.

Blazkowicz
03.02.2009, 22:19
Jito463 is not an official ;)

Just wait for a DT version which supports Win 7 - Beta exists so devs can add support.

icon123
04.02.2009, 04:41
Jito463 is not an official ;)

Just wait for a DT version which supports Win 7 - Beta exists so devs can add support.

That's great news, especially for Micro$oft since some people might be holding of beta testing W7 until there is a compatable version of DT. I know I have 2 additional laptops I want to put W7 on but I can't without having DT on them.

kalel90
04.02.2009, 04:52
Ahem you guys said they shouldn't work on fixing daemon tools until the rc? Well guess what? There isn't going to be a beta 2 or rc (they said they MAY release a RC internally) its predicted to be released in June/July.

homerjnick
04.02.2009, 16:00
I have installed a lot of apps and not one has failed in Windows 7.

I'm pretty sure that if DuplexSecure realease SPTD that works in Windows 7 then DT will work with no modification.

LFB
04.02.2009, 19:15
I'm pretty sure that if DuplexSecure realease SPTD that works in Windows 7 then DT will work with no modification.

Exactly...

The source of the problem is SPTD drivers...

till they do a working version for Windows 7, DT is unable to make a Win 7 compatible vesion either... :mad:

Let's make some pressure on the SPTD crew...
SPTD For windows 7 - DuplexSecure-Forum (http://forum.duplexsecure.com/showthread.php?t=537)

hm_aapje
07.02.2009, 14:58
Until they get to the "RC" stage (Release Candidate), many things could be changed/added/cut. Even then, they'll usually go through a minimum of 2 RC's before they launch the final version, which is why it's unlikely we'll see Windows 7 until 2010.

Mark my words, Windows 7 will be out in April/May this year. They are working internally with the RC as we speak.

insaint
08.02.2009, 19:35
People, I have a report that actualy someone did manage to install DT 4.30.3 under Win 7 after the last hotfix from Microsoft and under XP compatibility mode. I will be visiting the person in question in 1 or 2 days and I'll see for myself.

Meanwhile I'll be trying to duplicate the result on one of my machines.

Jito463
10.02.2009, 16:49
I'll be marking them, because I don't see Windows 7 getting released until closer to the end of this year, or maybe even 2010. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I doubt it.

slogpeis
10.02.2009, 23:01
While IT-pros (like me) are reporting that Windows 7 is a stable, fast and a welcome OS - even though in beta, Daemon Tools will not run on it and devs report they will not release a version.
All of my friends - even not very techy ones - are fresh installing Win7 beta because it by experience with very very few glitches is more stable and faster than Vista ever has been.
Many are, as I type, saying goodbye to WinXP which is considered the best best client OS from M$.

For my part, I am saying goodbye to (my old friend) DT after all these years and trying one of those recommended alternatives to DT as posted earlier in this thread.

Blazkowicz
10.02.2009, 23:53
While IT-pros (like me) are reporting that Windows 7 is a stable, fast and a welcome OS - even though in beta, Daemon Tools will not run on it and devs report they will not release a version.
All of my friends - even not very techy ones - are fresh installing Win7 beta because it by experience with very very few glitches is more stable and faster than Vista ever has been.

IT pros may report that, but wouldn't install it on work machines.
Also devs haven't reported there will be no DT version for Windows 7, it will just take time.

The other recommendations can't emulate any copy protection ;)

evlncrn8
11.02.2009, 08:39
for me, best client os from microsoft was windows 2000... did the job, had good support, was nice to debug in... :)

aron311
11.02.2009, 20:37
People, I have a report that actualy someone did manage to install DT 4.30.3 under Win 7 after the last hotfix from Microsoft and under XP compatibility mode. I will be visiting the person in question in 1 or 2 days and I'll see for myself.

Meanwhile I'll be trying to duplicate the result on one of my machines.

Any news?

I think somebody else summed the problem up, Daemon tools is the only one to emulate the content protection systems.

Is there any way to burn a dvd whilst keeping these protections? I want to play BF2 and my disk is scratched to shit :-(

insaint
11.02.2009, 21:38
As Iposted earlier someone actualy did manage to install DT under Win 7, but... SPTD still isn't present, so DT doesn't work.

Thanks to some glitch Daemon Tools Lite folder and files did install. And it even looks like it is loading disk images, but actualy it doesn't.

icon123
12.02.2009, 16:02
As Iposted earlier someone actualy did manage to install DT under Win 7, but... SPTD still isn't present, so DT doesn't work.

Thanks to some glitch Daemon Tools Lite folder and files did install. And it even looks like it is loading disk images, but actualy it doesn't.

There have been some reports that a pre SPTD DT build getting installed ok but with weird side effects. Like un activating W7 being one of them.

evlncrn8
12.02.2009, 19:47
well deactivating is a possibility, considering technically its an addition of new hardware (albeit, its virtual.. windows makes no distinction between the 2)... though i thought that windows activation was a bit more relaxed than that.. vista certaintly is

Blazkowicz
14.02.2009, 19:09
Thread closed until a new DT (and SPTD) supports Windows 7. Please don't open a new thread.

Barjani
31.08.2009, 16:09
Sorry ... to reply to this thread. I Know it was closed by admin.

I just want to sharing experience in the installation of daemon tools lite on windows 7, about 2 month ago. I successfully install daemon tools lite version 4.3.4.0027 with STPD version 1.58, when install I change something in services on computer management but I forgot what I changed. Sorry...

Maybe this can help another people who wants to install daemon tools on windows 7 with trial and error.

Underheaven
01.09.2009, 07:55
As of SPTD 1.60, DAEMON Tools is now fully supported on Windows 7 http://img.forum.daemon-tools.cc/icons/icon10.gif

bob_the_vampire
02.09.2009, 23:54
Did it work even on the x64 version of the build 7600??

Sway
03.09.2009, 05:53
Yes! SPTD 1.60 ensures full Windows 7 support.

theinanimate
22.09.2009, 08:11
Windows 7 Professional Final has been available to students for some time. I am currently running it. When I install the DT Pro evaluation I get errors about running post 2K OS etc. Anyone know why? I assure you this is not a beta win 7.

Sway
22.09.2009, 10:22
What site did you download Windows 7 from? microsoft.com?
What kind of error messages do you get? Specify full text or post screenshots.

MarkSe
22.09.2009, 13:36
What site did you download Windows 7 from? microsoft.com?
What kind of error messages do you get? Specify full text or post screenshots.

Sway, I have ultimate from MSDN. I'm not seeing any issues per se. But I do see the below. I had the latest Daemon tools lite installed, then just installed the SPTD 1.6 after. Was I meant to do anything else? Also this is the x64 OS.

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-ApplicationExperienceInfrastructure
Date: 21/09/2009 19:58:14
Event ID: 1
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords:
User:
Computer:
Description:
The application (Daemon Tools, from vendor DT Soft Ltd.) has the following problem: Daemon Tools is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, contact DT Soft Ltd..
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-ApplicationExperienceInfrastructure" Guid="{5EC13D8E-4B3F-422E-A7E7-3121A1D90C7A}" />
<EventID>1</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>2</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-09-21T18:58:14.978515600Z" />
<EventRecordID>3609</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="3480" ThreadID="3508" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer> </Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-2566177698-2048970109-3137220972-1001" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="DBType">15</Data>
<Data Name="AppNameCount">13</Data>
<Data Name="AppName">Daemon Tools</Data>
<Data Name="VendorNameCount">13</Data>
<Data Name="VendorName">DT Soft Ltd.</Data>
<Data Name="SummaryCount">103</Data>
<Data Name="Summary">Daemon Tools is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, contact DT Soft Ltd..</Data>
<Data Name="SessionID">1</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Sway
22.09.2009, 15:09
This warning is shown for informational purposes because Windows 7 was in beta stage at the time of DT Lite 4.30.4 release. DT Lite should work well with SPTD 1.60. Do you have any other problems with DT?

MarkSe
22.09.2009, 16:33
This warning is shown for informational purposes because Windows 7 was in beta stage at the time of DT Lite 4.30.4 release. DT Lite should work well with SPTD 1.60. Do you have any other problems with DT?

Nope, I'm not a power user but it appears to be working fine for me. I just wanted to check that the event I listed was harmless. Install and SPTD update were both seamless!

Sway
22.09.2009, 17:19
Great! It's absolutely harmless :)

TheSorcerer
23.09.2009, 12:55
Dont know where my last post is, but I found SPTD (http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads) by now.

However, I am still not able to install DT Lite. I started DT Lite installation (which also installs SPTD 1.58) and it asked me for a reboot which I did. After the reboot DT Lite asked again to install SPTD 1.58 which I confirmed, after which it asked me to reboot again. This loop would continue.

Then, after a reboot I canceled the installation of DT Lite and instead installed SPTD 1.60. After SPTD 1.60 installation it asked me to reboot again, which I did. Then I tried to install DT Lite again but against all expectations it installed SPTD 1.58 again, although SPTD 1.60 should be installed already. I wasn't able to install DT Lite.

Any suggestions?

Update:
I found the solution (http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/how-avoid-problems-after-windows-upgrade-installation-24935/#post118552) by now. The problem was I didnt remove SPTD 1.58 clean before upgrading to Windows 7. If you have the same problem just follow the instructions (http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/how-avoid-problems-after-windows-upgrade-installation-24935/#post118552) to cleanly remove SPTD 1.58 from your system, after which you can install SPTD 1.60 (http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads) and then DT Lite.

jack90
17.10.2009, 13:50
Just to let you know that SPTD Drivers now support windows 7. Try to install SPTD separately, and do not forget to run it as administrator.
You can download SPTD Driver from here:
DuplexSecure - Downloads (http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads)

Windows 7 Help
Help Windows 7 (http://helpwindows7.com/forum/)

demonwing
22.10.2009, 05:21
Works fine with Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)

justgotwicked
27.10.2009, 19:24
i have just upgraded to windows 7 ultimate from windows vista 64bit and this entire thread is bogus. i have spent a good part of the last hour restarting my computer uninstalling, reinstalling everything that was said to no avail.
Uninstalled everything, ran SPTD 1.62 as administrator, restarted then installed daemon4304-lite.exe after restart. and it STILL TRIES TO INSTALL SPTD 1.58 AND RESTARTS MY COMPUTER AND LOOPS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Is there a fix to this bogus bug or do i need to swap software and use something that is compatible. this whole thread went on and on about not making Daemon tools work because its a beta product. but now windows 7 is still no longer beta, its a full release, and yet Daemon tools still does not work properly??? Maybe if they were giving support in the beta stage, the software would be working by now ???

Off i go to find BETTER? or more COMPATIBLE ?? software.............. very very sad for software that up until this point, has been on top of its game................

Blazkowicz
27.10.2009, 19:27
Well, your problem is you did an upgrade while SPTD was running in previous Windows.

Do the following described here (http://daemonpro-help.com/?id=546) and then SPTD 1.62 can be installed correctly.

blacksheep309
11.11.2009, 07:46
just to let you guys know i am running windows 7 ultimate not beta and i have the same problem.. also windows 7 sucks its like an "upgraded" vista so dont bother with it i say stick to xp

blacksheep309
11.11.2009, 07:49
i take that back about daemon tools it was user error

budols03
19.12.2009, 03:26
i have windows 7 ultimate 32-bit (6.1 build 7600) and i cant install this deamon tools.it always trys to install the SPTD driver and wants a reboot afterwards. Than this progress starts again and again, but it won't let me install DAEMON Tools. what should i do? pls help..

Sway
19.12.2009, 23:08
DAEMON Tools Professional Help: You must reboot after previous operation and Initialization Error 2 (http://daemonpro-help.com/?id=546)

ACWN
29.12.2009, 00:16
Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Am trying to install DAEMON Tools Lite with SPTD 1.62. Every time I install, it goes through fine (SPTD installs on its own, cannot uncheck the box on the start of the install) and then after reboot I get:

This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernal Debugger must be disabled.

Please help!

sunco
30.12.2009, 06:28
Download the latest SPTD (currently 1.62) and install it. After restart then it works fine

DuplexSecure - Downloads (http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads)

I use Windows 7 Ultimate and DT Lite lates version (v4.35.5)

Rokk
07.01.2010, 18:02
This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernal Debugger must be disabled.

Please help!

I had this same problem, but I manage to solve it. In my case problem was F-security real-time scanning.
Here is howto solve this withouth turning real-time scanning off if you have f-secure internet security:

1. Open F-secure
2. Select settings
3. From computer tab select virus and spyware scanning
4. Click "open exluded items list"
5. Choose objects tab
6. Mark excluded objects box if not marked allready
7. Click add
8. Find DTLite.exe (In my case "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" )
9. Click OK, Ok.

I'm quite sure this also works in f-secure 9 too.

Blazkowicz
07.01.2010, 18:15
@Rokk
So you are using Version 8 of F-Secure?
In Version 9 it is only necessary to disable DeepGuard.

Rokk
26.02.2010, 17:15
@Rokk
So you are using Version 8 of F-Secure?
In Version 9 it is only necessary to disable DeepGuard.

Sorry my late reply, but as answer to your question, Yes I have version 9 of antivirus. I'm using F-secure internet security 2010. If you follow my earlier instructions you don't need to disable DeepGuard. You can just set DeepGuard to skip DTLite.exe.

Blazkowicz
26.02.2010, 18:41
@Rokk
That doesn't always work and also F-Secure has fixed the issue.

jamesburns00
04.03.2010, 08:35
If you're still running Windows 7 release candidate then either reinstall the operating system or install a paid for licensed copy of Windows 7 because from 1 march Windows 7 RC started Automatic Shut Down , Microsoft has stopped windows 7 support (http://windows7.iyogi.net/windows-7/support) for Windows 7 RC

paulc_dj
04.08.2010, 22:25
I too am having the same problem. Upgraded (fresh install) to W7 ultimate 64, Installed SPTD 1.62 (SPTDinst-v172-x64) and installed DT, but only by stopping all my AV and Security processesas I kept getting the code 14 error. But as soon as I reboot and switch them back on, I get the "this program requires at least windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be activated." error message.

I have ZA free firewall and AVG 9.0 Internet Security running, can you please help? And I am using DT lite 4356-0091.

Many thanks

Paul

Blazkowicz
04.08.2010, 23:20
Uninstall ZoneAlarm toolbar.