Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to mount .B5I image

Operating System: WinXP Home
    Burning Software: BlindWrite 5.1.1.128 (Trial Version)
    Anti-virus Software: Stinger (Free AVP)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

Greetings all.

I have a question & since i'm a noob, it's prob. gonna be an easy one to answer. At least I hope so. :P

I used "BlindWrite 5" to make an image of the "PLAY" CD for the game "Gothic 2" After I finish burning an image, I get 2 files on my desktop:

GOTHIC2_CD1 (In Properties: Main file for CD image on HD, in BlindWrite)

GOTHIC2_CD1.B5I

When I go to use Daemon to open the image, it points me to the 1st one, which is only 805kb. The image file with the .B5I extension is the file thats 756mb, but it will not allow me to open it. It gives me the "Unsupported Image File type Error" message.

What I don't understand is that prior to nuking my PC 2 months ago, I was able to play "Gothic 2" via the image file just fine if I opened it with "Daemon Tools" and now I can't. I have burned & re-burned the image file from the CD 5 times tonight, just to be safe. But I still can't load up the game.

Please help. Is there another program that I can use to make a 1:1 image file? The "Gothic 2" CD is copy protected & there are no Fixed EXE/No-CD patches out for the game. (Can I say that on this Forum? I OWN the game)Since I am an avid PC Gamer, I would like to not have to swap out CD's every time I switch games.

Thank you in advance for any & all help. sorry for the long-winded post. :P

-MRG

Hello? Anyone out there? I see 86 people are online at the moment. Do you mean to tell me not ONE of you knows?? :P

-MRG

Comment

You can try to create an image with Alcohol and appropirate profile, or wait for next Daemon Tools version, it should fix the b5t-mounting issue.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
        You can try to create an image with Alcohol and appropirate profile, or wait for next Daemon Tools version, it should fix the b5t-mounting issue.
        I think i'll have to wait until the next version then. I have tried every image format I can with every downloadable program out, all with no success.

Thanks!

-MRG

Comment

Working...
        X