• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.44 BSOD Error -- Fixed By...

Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP1
    Burning Software: Roxio EZ CD 5.1.02 Basic
    Anti-virus Software: AVG 6
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

I recently reloaded my entire system. Previously I was using D-Tools 3.33, and I went and downloaded 3.44 tonight.

I installed, rebooted, and was greeted by the BSOD for a split second, followed by a reboot.

I booted into safe mode, removed d344prt.sys and d344bus.sys, rebooted. XP starts fine.

Uninstall D-Tools.

Came here, browsed forums for a possible answer.

Found this:

Started up D-Tools 3.44 installation again. Was given the option to name my drivers, default for Miniport was "d344prt.sys"

Changed Miniport driver "d344prt.sys" to "d344port.sys"

D-Tools is now up and running like a champ.

Did I actually do something right here, or did I get lucky?

Operating System: Win2k
    Burning Software: - - -
    Anti-virus Software: who cares
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

Yes you did it right. Thanks for the hint, that helped me a lot. Another way would have been to:

1) uninstall the old version, but before reboot run regedit and delete anything which is named d344bus or d344prt.

2) reboot and install the new version, even in silent install modus.

The way you did it you still have the entries d344bus and d344prt lurking in the registry, and the more often you update ..

Daemon does not do a satisfyling job really clearing the registry on uninstall. Cost me a couple of hours to figure out what made my box sick because I installed several programs. Oh well .. :-/

Comment

Daemon Tools does a complete un-install on "healthy" systems. If un-installation does not clean up all Daemon Tools related files and registry entries usually some other program has mixed up the registry (e.g. registry cleaners).
      If un-installation fails for whatever reason follow the steps described in this thread - do NOT use registry cleaners! Be sure to reboot before you re-install Daemon Tools.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

OkeeDoke, gotcha :? !

Comment

Working...
        X