PDA

View Full Version : DT Lite 4.30.2 doesn't longer support Alternate Tray Icons?

MarianoL
11.12.2008, 00:56
I've just installed DT Lite 4.30.2, updating a previous version (4.30.1) and I've noticed that has disappeared the Icons folder and seems that not longer exists the option to install a set of alternative tray icons. Is this correct? Or has changed the way of configuration/activation?
Thanks in advance

Best regards

MarianoL

Niko76
11.12.2008, 11:49
You could try this. Do a clean install of 4.30.2 and check if problem is gone, if not do the same clean install of 4.30.1 and check differences. Anyway I haven't figured out your issue. :(

boyumeow
11.12.2008, 14:43
I think she means C:\Program Files\DT Lite no more "Icons" folder, look likes it was removed. Thanks.

MarianoL
11.12.2008, 23:39
You could try this. Do a clean install of 4.30.2 and check if problem is gone, if not do the same clean install of 4.30.1 and check differences. Anyway I haven't figured out your issue. :(

Niko, thanks for your assistance. I think this issue isn't really important, it's just a question because was first thing I saw after upgrade. I did a clean installation of both versions and the behaviour is:

- With DLT 4.30.1, there is a folder named Icons, with the original tray icons set that I can overwrite with an alternate set I have, then I see my icons instead of the original ones;
- With DLT 4.30.2, it doesn't exist other folder than Lang. BTW, I'm using Vista Ultimate. In AppData/Roaming of my User folder, there are 3 DT folders: DAEMON Tools (seems to be of some versions before Lite, because it has old modification date), DAEMON Tools Lite (with a recent modification date) containing ImageCatalog.XML file, and finally DAEMON Tools Pro (with same modification date as Lite), but empty. No matter where I put alternate icon set or icons folder, DLT always shows same tray icon...

Probably is a design issue, but... I was just wondering... Perhaps only someone from developers team can answer this.
Anyway, thanks

Regards

Niko76
12.12.2008, 10:23
I've reported this issue and soon we will both know if this can be called so or it's a normal thing.

Stay tuned. ;)

boyumeow
12.12.2008, 10:53
It was compiled into dll format. So I guess u have to change ur favor icons from there. Thanks.

MarianoL
14.01.2009, 13:54
I've reported this issue and soon we will both know if this can be called so or it's a normal thing.

Stay tuned. ;)

Hi Niko, I'm back, just wondering... :)
Is there any news about it? Today I've tried with new version (4.30.3), and is still happening the same...
Thanks in advance
Regards

maxxyme
30.01.2009, 07:18
I'm currently having the same problem...
The two icons located beneath C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\Icons (called respectively tray1.ico and tray2.ico) are still here after I just updated to the latest version of Daemon Tools Lite, but it's now the standard default icon that is used in the systray.

These alt. icons can be downloaded on - THE DAEMONS HOME (http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5)

maxxyme
24.02.2009, 18:56
No news..?? :-o