Command line to mount password-protected ISZ image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command line to mount password-protected ISZ image

I am using Daemon Tools v4.09. Please could anyone advise me as to how I can mount a password-protected ISZ image using a command line. When I issued the below command line

daemon.exe -mount 0, filename.isz password

there were two error messages, the first one being "Error in command line" and the 2nd one "Unable to mount image. Password required".

But when I mounted the same image via the tray icon, there was a window popping up asking for a password. The image was successfully mounted when I supplied the correct password, however.

Thank you very much in advance.

I would first upgrade to 4.30.2.
    Anyway not possible. You have to remove "password" in command line.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Many thanks for your prompt reply. So, based on your advice, I would need to access the image solely through the Daemon Tools sys-tray icon. I really wish the -mount command line had another switch added in for the password input. Thanks again for the great software.

Comment

No, you just run normal command line for mount and then you enter the password.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

When I ran the normal -mount command line as you suggested, an error message popped up, saying "Unable to mount image. Password required." There was no prompt for the input of a password, either.

Comment

I tested with latest version and it prompted me for password.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Indeed, you are right. I can now set it up to function properly. Thanks again for your kind help and succinct, precise answers.

Comment

Working...
              X