Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT installed -> Cd and dvd don't work anymore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT installed -> Cd and dvd don't work anymore!

Hello there, i've got a nasty problem with my cd and dvd units since the installation of Daemon Tools.

I wanted to create an image in order to install Football Manager 09, but since i downloaded and installed DT, my cd and dvd (and the new virtual unit, of course) don't work anymore.

If I click on an icon to start a game, my dvd unit reads the dvd and launches it; but if i insert a cd containing a game not yet installed, it can't read it. It "knows" that a cd or a dvd is in, but it cannot tell me which one: if i click on it, it says: "insert a cd".

What do you think?
    If you need more details, feel free to ask me everything.

(Cd and dvd icons are both visible)
    Last edited by Fra999; 14.12.2008, 15:13.

Up up up! No one there able to help me? Please

Comment

You should post your configuration (i.e. chipset, ide drivers, and so on). It seems a SPTD issue. Maybe you could try to uninstall other programs, like clonecd, nero, blindwrite, dvdfab platinum, anydvd or any other tool that could cause incompatibilities. Then install again dt lite and sptd (go on duplex-secure site for downloading sptd stand-alone installer) and check if physical devices are working or not.

Comment

Originally Posted by Niko76 View Post
        You should post your configuration (i.e. chipset, ide drivers, and so on).

I'm quite ignorant about these things: could you please tell me exactly which infos i have to post and where i can find them?

Update: now both cd and dvd work. But they're not fully ok.
        If i insert a cd or a dvd, pc tells me that i've inserted an empty cd.
        But if i launch iTunes, i can hear both units work and then, when i click on "My Computer",even if the icon of the cd i've inserted doesn't appear yet, i can open the cd (or dvd) and see what's in it.

Comment

Looks like AIN (auto insert notification) is not active, easiest way to change related settings is either CloneCD or TweakUI.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Tweak UI Downloaded. Settings changed. Nothing happened.

The settings related to Autoplay are the only ones concerning my problem, aren't they?

Comment

No, autoplay is another OS feature, which doesn't work without AIN.
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                No, autoplay is another OS feature, which doesn't work without AIN.

So, how can i modify AIN settings with Tweak UI?

Comment

how bout doing a System Restore to a state BEFORE daemon tools was installed just for a try?
                  Guys vote for the threads you read to give
                  the rating system a place to live ^^

Comment

Originally Posted by Sabrehawk View Post
                    how bout doing a System Restore to a state BEFORE daemon tools was installed just for a try?
                    Already tried. Unfortunately, there are no restore points before the installation...

Comment

Imgburn to change your AIN, autorun, and device type insert eject notification

You can use the freeware Imgburn to change your AIN, autorun, and device type insert/eject notification settings. Goto the Tools menu, then Settings, then goto the Device tab.

the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Downloaded. I've modified every single option, but after the reboot nothing seems to be changed.

I can't understand this point: neither the cd's or dvd's work, but when I launch iTunes, they both work perfectly. Why?

Comment

Try to uninstall SPTD and see if your problem goes away. You'll need to then reinstall SPTD before using DAEMON Tools again.

(to uninstall SPTD just run the SPTD installer program)
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                          X