DT Lite 4.30.2 broke for x64 Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Lite 4.30.2 broke for x64 Vista

I am using Vista x64 and after updating, I can no longer mount an image due to the drives not being able to be set.
    I tried using all the available letters left in the alphabet not being used and says cannot set drive. Go back to the drawing board starting with DT lite 4.30.1 which worked pefectly.

I've Vista X64 SP1 too, and no problems at all using DT Lite 4.30.2. I suggest you to make a fresh install of last build uninstalling first 4.30.1 instead of updating it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Niko76 View Post
      I've Vista X64 SP1 too, and no problems at all using DT Lite 4.30.2. I suggest you to make a fresh install of last build uninstalling first 4.30.1 instead of updating it.
      I finally got it working, Hurray! The initial install does not/didn't install the SPTD service. I had to manually install from the website.

Comment

Vista x64 Problems

DT Lite is still misbehaving (for me) in Vista x64 SP1 in 4.30.3. 4.30.1 worked perfectly. I have tried doing an uninstall, reboot, and clean install to no avail.

It seems almost like it is an endian-ness issue. I can mount images, but icons for the discs cannot be displayed. Text files are a garbled mess. Executables cannot be run.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I've Vista Ultimate X64 SP1 too (MSDN Image) and here everything works fine. I uninstalled previous DT Lite 4.30.2 version and installed this new one (4.30.3) and no problems at all.

Comment

B6T Issues

I guess I was unlucky with my first trial. The only images I seem to be having trouble with are split-file B6T images.

The files in the first part (the B6I file) are perfectly readable. The files on later parts (B00, B01, ...) are read as garbage.

B5T images seem to be unaffected by the problem. These same B6T images worked fine up through 4.30.1. They were broken in the changes made before the 4.30.2 release.

Comment

4.30.4 seems to resolve the issue. Thanks for the fix.

Comment

Working...
              X