PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Alcohol 120, plz help?

Brandon_M_K
27.12.2008, 05:27
Okay, I use Trial version of Alcohol 120% to make a disk image of Diablo 2 and use Daemon Tools to mount the image so I can play with no disk obviously.

1) Can Daemon Tools make images as well as mount them? So I don't need Alcohol 120%.

2) I want to make a copy of my Diablo 2 disks, and I tried just copy and pasting into a folder then burn it to a disk, it didn't work so well... When I do use Alcohol 120% to make my disk image, is that the disk itself just in file form on my computer now? --- If so, how do I burn it to a disk, just slide it from my folder or do I use Alcohol 120% to get it to a new disk?

All feedback is very much appreciated and I hope to have some help on my issue. Thanks.

Blazkowicz
27.12.2008, 11:35
1) DAEMON Tools Pro yes
2) You need to select New SecuROM profile in Disc Imaging Window.

Brandon_M_K
28.12.2008, 00:44
1) Where might I find Daemon Tools Pro? I checked Downloads but all I saw was Daemon Tools Lite...

2) What do you mean by "New SecuROM profile in Disc Imaging Window" ? (sorry im not that good with directions...)

Brandon_M_K
28.12.2008, 04:04
1) DAEMON Tools Pro yes
2) You need to select New SecuROM profile in Disc Imaging Window.

Okay, on Alcohol, I used Image Making Wizard, made my Diablo 2 Play Disk, Install Disk, Cinematics, and Expansion images, all in .mds form.

Now would I use Image Burning Wizard and burn it to a blank CD-R/CD-RW disk, so that I may use the CD-R/CD-RW copies instead of the original Diablo 2 disks?

I'm trying to keep the originals in good condition in case i need them again.:rolleyes:

pseudo555
28.12.2008, 09:56
Why do you want to use a different program for each step ?
Always use the program you use to create image files to burn them (use the same profile)!

Don't forget to test your images files before burning (with a virtual drive) ;)

omegared777
10.10.2009, 23:51
1) Where might I find Daemon Tools Pro? I checked Downloads but all I saw was Daemon Tools Lite...

2) What do you mean by "New SecuROM profile in Disc Imaging Window" ? (sorry im not that good with directions...)

Blazkowicz
11.10.2009, 08:31
Home :: Disc-Soft.com (http://www.disc-soft.com)
DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Creating a disc image (http://daemonpro-help.com/general_use/quick_start/create_disc_image.html)