Fallout 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout 3

Hi All. First post here. I bought a copy of Daemon Tools pro and I'm trying to make a backup of Fallout 3 so I don't have to keep the dvd in the drive. When I use protection id to find out what protection the game has it tells me securom. So I burned an image using new securom and mounted the image. However, Fallout tells me that it's conflicting with emulation software and that I should shut down Daemon tools before I play the game.
    I've made other backups of other games and this has never happened before. Are there any workarounds? Is there anyway of hiding DT from the game?
    Thanks for any help.

When you have DT Pro Adv you must be mount the game in the vIDE. in this case you don't need to hide you virtual drives.

when you have in you a vSCSI then you must be in many cases hide the vscsi with YASU. then should be work the game

Comment

for fallout3, only the launcher is protected, make a shortcut to the fallout3.exe and it'll play quite happily without the disk
      my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

But you still need the launcher at least once to customize your graphics.

Comment

Originally Posted by moonie View Post
          When you have DT Pro Adv you must be mount the game in the vIDE. in this case you don't need to hide you virtual drives.
          Wrong, you still need to use YASU as vIDE is blacklisted.
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Thanks heaps for the help. Where would I find Fallout3.exe (as opposed to the launcher)? I did a quick explore of the disc and couldn't find it. Thanks.

Comment

You can search the exe for a long time but you will never found it on the dvd . The exe is located in the fallout install dir

Comment

Working...
              X