Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield 2 + Vista 64 = Disc Imaging Failed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 + Vista 64 = Disc Imaging Failed!

I've tried both kinds of SecureRom and also DataDisc but get the same "Disc imaging failed!" error whenever I try to make an image of BF2.

I also never got BF1942 to burn properly but finally gave up on it and just installed a ******* version of the .exe.

I'm using a Plextor SATA DVD-Drive R/W with Vista-64.

Any thoughts on how to make an image AND get it to work? For some reason my game thinks the CD is not in the drive (even though it is) and that is why I purchased Daemon Tools Pro in the first place (it has yet to work on anything.)

Thanks

All of the Battlefield series use Safedisc, not SecuROM. The additional DPM extraction during the image creation process could be leading to your image being bad.

Once you get a good image, it should work from a standard vSCSI drive. If not, you can either use YASU to cloak your drives, or - since you have DT Pro - use a vIDE drive.
    Last edited by Jito463; 20.01.2009, 15:22.

Comment

SafeDisc -> a lot of bad sectors -> wrong profile -> Fail due to bad sectors

I will check your account later for customer tag.

EDIT: Could you change your forum account email address to the one you have in your disc-soft.com account please?
      Last edited by Blazkowicz; 20.01.2009, 17:36.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
      X