Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Pro and safedisc 4.9

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying Daemon Tools Pro. Before I do I just need some advice. Will I be able to backup and mount games with safedisc 4.9 protection without it asking to have the disc in the drive? Does safedisc 4.9 blacklist Daemon Tools Pro?

fyi: You can now trial DAEMON Tools Pro advanced edition (before just the Standard edition was allowed)
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Daemon Tools Pro and safedisc 4.9

weird? I thought I posted this.

Anyway, I have a query in regards to Daemon Tools Pro. I'm thinking of buying it but I need to know something first. Will I be able to backup and mount Games that have safedisc 4.9 protection without it asking me to have the disc in the drive? Has Daemon Tool Pro been blacklisted by 4.9?

Comment

The current DTP Advanced version is in fact blacklisted by Safedisc 4.90.
        But there is a tool in the Customer section that cleans up the blacklists from virtual drives created by DT Pro.
        Works like a charm, and i haven't read about contrary results when using that tool.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

so to get access to this tool I first need buy the software? Or can I trial it?

Comment

No way to trial it. You need to purchase a license to try the tool.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
              No way to trial it. You need to purchase a license to try the tool.
              Is the tool Y.A.S.U? What is this tool?

I tried out the trial version of pro advanced with the latest version of Y.A.S.U from here but it still doesn't work.

Disc-Tools.com - Published Software Download

Is there a private version of YASU for people who buy the Pro Advanced version of Daemon Tools?

Comment

It is not YASU, some other tool.

But according to tool's author there will be a public version some time after 304 got rlzed.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

It's not an official DTools release, but was released by the author only to those who have purchased DTools.

Comment

So what version of Daemon Tools do I need to buy to be compatible with the tool? Does it need the Pro Advanced version?

How long does it usually take to get access to the Customer section?

Comment

I would purchase the Advanced one - the tool only supports SecuROM on vIDE, not vSCSI, SafeDisc is supported on vIDE and vSCSI.

It normally doesn't take long. Just reply here when you purchased a license and you don't have access to customer forum yet.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                      X