Cant get DPM with Daemon Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant get DPM with Daemon Pro

Just tried Pro after a suggestion here http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f18/usi...program-22968/ and DPM does not work - Comes up with an error "DPM assocciated call failed"

Just before this I can hear the disc going fast then slow and so on and Alcohol does exactely the same thing but only on CDs, DVD work fine (havent tried a DVD in Daemon)

The drive is a TSSTcorp CDDVW SN-S083A

The thing is I only have 4 games on my laptop, 1 has no protection, 1 is on DVD so Alcohol works on that so ony 2 left that I cant copy the discs (usually play games on my PS3) and one of those is a mission based game so I will only play it once so really I only have Civ IV Colonization left.

Also I do not plan on getting more games for my laptop, mainly due to new game specs being to high, so any bit of software even if it has a short demo period is fine as long as I can make the last couple of images I need.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by carenza; 23.01.2009, 22:19. Reason: .

Which DT Pro version?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

The latest one, just dowloaded the trial.

Followup question - is DPM measurement different for different types of protection?

The DVD that worked I think if SafeDisc but the other two CDs are SecureRom

Comment

Are there any scratches on the cds? Which cds are these?

Only Tages and StarForce/SecuROM DPM are different.
        Last edited by Blazkowicz; 23.01.2009, 22:31.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

The DVD that works is Civ IV Complete

The CDs are:-

Civ IV Colinization - brand new / perfect

SpellForce - Shadow of the Phoenix Expansion CD1 (the cd you need to play the game, the game is quite old but the disc still looks in very good condition (no scraches).

Comment

Notebook drives aren't good for beating copy protections, e. g. reading DPM.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Its just annoying, for games like Spellforce I will play through it once (so not too much of a problem to use the actual disc) then trade it on or in this case give it away being that it is so old. But for games like Civ etc I play them for a bit, get board and move onto the next one eventually going back to the forst one and so on.

I have the image for Civ IV, and Galactic Civilization has no protection but I still need to carry the Colinization CD.

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
              Notebook drives aren't good for beating copy protections, e. g. reading DPM.
              As I said in the other post, VCD did produce images but the games detect VCD and dont work so I cant actually check if they work.
              Last edited by Blazkowicz; 23.01.2009, 22:49.

Comment

VCD uses different method - hard method to get DPM info.
                You can try BlindWrite 6 to create an image (automatic profile) and DT Pro/Lite can mount b6t images.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

I will give that a try - be back soon!

Comment

Civ IV Colinization is now detecting Daemon tools but Blindwrite did give me an image.

Girlfriend wants to Facebook so not sure when I will be back.

Comment

Use YASU (press on cloak) and mount into virtual IDE drive of DT Pro Advanced.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

Good news and bad.

Good first - I can not ge Colinization working.

Bad news Spellforce does not run at all, I get a popup saying spellforce.exe has crashed etc.

Previously when I had things like Alcohol installed the CD checking routines would just crash (files like ar.exe, ar2.exe ar5.exe) no fancy pop-up pointing you to a website to tell you wats wrong. When I had them uninstalled spellforce would work but as it now does not I guess I have installed something else it does not like.

I may try a reinstall on it but it is an old game I never got round to playing so not that important but I would like it to run.

Comment

Will Daemonscript allow me to create a script that will start YASU and insert the image then start the game.

Comment

DAEMON Script won't work correctly - very old version and not updated so far
                            Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                            X