PDA

View Full Version : Daemon did not install scsi adapter. DO NOT OFFER TO REMOVE IT!!!!!

LoMayoKicksA
30.01.2009, 03:46
I uninstalled daemon tools lite. It also uninstalled virtual scsi adapter because when I reinstalled daemon tools 4.10.1.0, I get this message that virtual scsi adapter is not installed.

How can I reinstall virtual scsi adapter? Is there something that I can download from this site to fix this problem?

Can I use my Windows CD to fix this? How???

Need some help.

NOTE: I am using windows xp, sp3, .netframework 3.5

LoMayoKicksA
30.01.2009, 05:02
Installation of daemon tools does not show installing scsi adapter but uninstalling the tool shows the option to remove scsi adapter.

A lot of dummies like myself ends up removing scsi adapter and ends with a screwed up system!!!!!

I do believe that scsi adapter comes with windows and daemon did not install it. Therefore: I think it is just proper that daemon should not offer whatsoever to remove it because it can be use by other apps!!!!!!!!!

Terramex
30.01.2009, 15:19
Daemon Tools' virtual SCSI adapter is automatically added during installation, and automatically removed when uninstalling. Other possibly present virtual/real SCSI adapters aren't touched.

When uninstalling you are asked:
http://space.wismar-wacken.com/thomas/Images/Device%20settings.png
This has nothing to do with the SCSI adapter itself, but the personal settings of virtual drives, e.g. the number of drives set, or device parameters.

LoMayoKicksA
31.01.2009, 00:21
Thanks for the idea.

I got it fix now.