generic host 32 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• generic host 32 error

My problem i am having is that after i install deamon tools. My login screen changed to an old windows 98 type login screen. Just the plan on white box with a black screen instead of the newer one with fancy graphic. I am still able to login to my computer just fine. Second thing is that explorer.exe stops working. Wont load without me manually doing it. Third thing i get a few diffrent errors. The worst one is A Generic host 32 error. Other have been errors about windows blocking certain programs from runing. like explorer.exe and winlogon.exe. Which then cuases my system to crash and restart. I have tried reinstall windows and install after all the windows updates and still get the same similair errors. I recently tried install powerISO and got the following errors. After getting around all the errors my deamon tools doesnt seem to work. Usually get an access denied type error.

Hanging application PowerISO.exe, version 3.8.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.
    and got this error twice

Faulting application rundll32.exe, version 5.1.2600.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x009b0664.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.
    These installs were all done on fresh installs of windows so no firewalls or virus protection programs. Please help here are my system specs

Mainboard : Gigabyte P35-DS3L
    Chipset : Intel P31/P35
    Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3000 MHz
    Physical Memory : 4096 MB (4 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
    Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    Hard Disk : WDC (250 GB)
    Hard Disk : WDC (40 GB)
    Hard Disk : Seagate (500 GB)
    DVD-Rom Drive : ATAPI DVD D DH16D2P
    CD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8483B
    Monitor Type : LG Electronics W2241 - 23 inches
    Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
    Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
    DirectX : Version 9.0c
    Sound Card: HT Omega 7.1

Thanks for the help in advance.

DT doesn't cause such errors. Where have you downloaded your setup and also which version it is supposed to be?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

i tried the most recent version the site about a week ago. But since it wasnt working my friend suggested i try a version he had on his computer on our network. He thought the new version i downloaded might be for 64 bit instead of 32. So i have tried the newest version as of about a week ago and version 4123 lite if that helps. I will try the lastest version right now and see what happens.

Comment

when i try the lastest version it wont even install now gives me this error

Internal error setup error code 256 please contacrt support.

Comment

Ok here is update on this issue. Since i couldnt get DT to install i went ahead and just installed the sptd 1.56 deal. After reboot i got my generic host 32 error back along a run32.dll error also getting a DCOM error that should be associated with it as well.

Here is the info on the generic host 32 error

Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.1.2600.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x09909382.

here is the run32.dll error report in case i posted it somewhere else
          Faulting application rundll32.exe, version 5.1.2600.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x009b0664.

DCOM error report
          The server {73E709EA-5D93-4B2E-BBB0-99B7938DA9E4} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

the generic host 32 error comes up about every mintue.

So hopefully some of that helps

Comment

Just wanted to post an update on this. I found a way to get DT tools to work after what seems to be a windows security update.
            Its really quite simple. All you have to do is install DT before you install any of the Windows updates. So if you have been doing fresh installs of windows to get rid of errors such as the ones i have been having just simple reinstall windows agian. This time disable the auto updates. Install deamon tools as the second thing you go. First make sure you have the drivers you need to get on the net. THEN BEFORE YOU INSTALL ANY WINDOWS UPDATES, Install deamon tools. Run it to make sure its working. Then you can go ahead and install the windows updates after you have install deamon tools. My deamon tools works just fine after doing this. I now have all the windows updates and DT works great.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dieinpeace View Post
              Just wanted to post an update on this. I found a way to get DT tools to work after what seems to be a windows security update.
              Its really quite simple. All you have to do is install DT before you install any of the Windows updates. So if you have been doing fresh installs of windows to get rid of errors such as the ones i have been having just simple reinstall windows agian. This time disable the auto updates. Install deamon tools as the second thing you go. First make sure you have the drivers you need to get on the net. THEN BEFORE YOU INSTALL ANY WINDOWS UPDATES, Install deamon tools. Run it to make sure its working. Then you can go ahead and install the windows updates after you have install deamon tools. My deamon tools works just fine after doing this. I now have all the windows updates and DT works great.

Not exactly a usable solution. I don't see why I should go through a re-install or even restoring a backup because one piece of software stops working and then refuses to install.

Surely this is one for the author(s) to investigate and rectify, especially for those who have paid for a licence.

Comment

2Dieinpeace: i think its very hard way to get DT on your computer - reinstall winsows.
                As for me - i had the same problem. I try to install DT, but installation was unnormal: first dialog window had no text except "1". And when i push "next" installation stoped by error message like: "Internatl error. Code 256. Connect the support." I try to find the solution on this forum, and by google, but unsucsessfuly.
                Then i reboot in safe mode, and install DT without any problems. But when i reboot in normal mode, DT sometimes work correct or sometimes show the error message Daemon tools searchBAR like: "Error: Engine loading was failed" But i dont install DT search bar! And i dont know on what events depend will DT work correct today or not.
                Can somebody on this forum help with my problem?

Comment

Working...
                X