Virtual Drives disappear when closing DT Lite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Drives disappear when closing DT Lite

recently updated from DT v4.03 HE to DT Lite v4.30.3, i know there is a big difference in the versions but i normally dont update software when they work fine, this time though i updated from XP to Vista Business x64 SP1 and v4.03 would not install

enough of that, now to the issue / question

i do not have my Daemon Tools to autostart as i do not use it that often. i have set 2 virtual drives, i have 1 game that i play quite often, so i made it an iso and emulate it on DT so i wont have to find my cd every time, with 4.03 the virtual drives stayed when i closed DT, so i could play the game anyway, but in 4.30.3 when i close DT the drives go away and i have to start DT again and re-emulate the iso, this is slightly annoying.... so i wonder what happened with the feature of leaving emulation on when closing the tray program ?

thanks for reply

kind regards // Warepire

With updated you meant you run update utility of vista setup?
    It isn't good to use that upgrade feature since many problems can occure.
    A fresh install is evertime recommended.

Never heard of that phenomen as normally you don't use upgrade.
    Please send a message to Disc-Soft with every detail and a link to this thread, thank you.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      With updated you meant you run update utility of vista setup?
      It isn't good to use that upgrade feature since many problems can occure.
      A fresh install is evertime recommended.

Never heard of that phenomen as normally you don't use upgrade.
      Please send a message to Disc-Soft with every detail and a link to this thread, thank you.
      the computer needed a fresh install and i had a Vista disc lying around, i formatted the harddrive and installed Vista from the retail DVD

the new DT version i got by downloading the Lite installer of ??????? :: DAEMON-Tools.cc, the 4.03 HE installer promted me "the program is valid but not for this machine" so i never installed 4.03 HE on this system

//Warepire

Comment

@Warepire
        Do you mean you cannot browse the virtual drive (with mounted iso) using Windows Explorer after DT exited?
        Are you able to see virtual drives in MyComputer?
        Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Working...
        X