Possible Vista/UAC problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Vista/UAC problem.

I'm trying to play Broken Sword 2 Smoking Mirror on my laptop, I liked the game alot back in the day.

But in order for me to play it I have to rename 3 of the cluster files, when I rename them it says " You need to confirm this operation "
    Which is standard, as I have the prog that allows me to be admin on Vista, if need be I can rightclick things and take ownership.

But once I've clicked confirm, it should allow it... it doesn't for this, it says after I click it " You need permission... > try again? > cancel? "

I've clicked the icon for DT and run as admin, I've also tried disabling the UAC through run > MSCONFIG etc.. neither seem to work. Does anybody happen to know why it does this? and maybe a way to sort it so I can change the files and play the game. Much appreciated

Two questions spring to mind.

1) What do you mean "program that allows me to be admin on Vista"? You don't need any program to be admin, just right click on any executable or shortcut and choose "Run as Admin".

2) Where are these files located that you're trying to rename? If they're on the image you've mounted into DTools, then you cannot change any files, as they are read-only.

Comment

Working...
    X