• Show
Clear All

• Making a virtual drive

Operating System: xp
    Burning Software: usual xp one??
    Anti-virus Software: norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

I'm a must be a complete simpleton.
    How do i make a virtual drive to stick the images in?
    And if i dot need to, when i get the mount image option and look into the folder i ripped the files to, the is nothing there.
    I used DVD Decrypter

[quote]I'm a must be a complete simpleton.
    [code]
    Yes you are :P

How do i make a virtual drive to stick the images in?
    Just left lick on the DAEMON icon in the trayicon and select device (check also that at the minimum & virtual CD reader device is defined if not add one) .

when i get the mount image option and look into the folder i ripped the files to, there is nothing there.
    you must request dvddecrypter to create an ISO image (.mds/.mdf) not .vob files in you want to mount an image .

Comment

Ok, I didn't do what you suggested, in fact i've no idea what i did. But when I went to the folder i ripped the dvd decrypter files to and right clicked on the video-ts file, then selected "open with" Windows Media, it flippin worked, it played the movie no probs whatso ever,. No need for mounting images, virtual drives, ISO files or whatchya ma call its. Hmm, not sure what I'm saying, but there was no dvd in the drive, i hadn't made a virtual drive or nothing. Anyway, there ya go, problem solved. But the files are 10 gig, so that is a problem.

Comment

Yes you extracted vob files from a dvd ;
        It has nothing to do with DAEMON, although it is a good way to keep dvd movie on the Hard disk .

I suggest that you have a look to forum dedicated to divx / xvid and so on, for example here : http://www.doom9.org/, you will learn a lot about with subject .

Anyway, as I explained it is possible to create an image of a DVD with dvddecrypter and mount it with DAEMON, that's not a very good idea due to the huge space needed but sometimes it is impossible to read dvd files from Hard disk and in this case the ISO image helps .

Olivier

Comment

Working...
        X