Pro advanced licenseing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro advanced licenseing?

Hi.. im thinking about buying the pro advanced version, but would like to hear how the lisenceing is.

I have 3 computers, and wanna hear if i can install the same version on all of them? ((LEAGALLY!) i only use one at a time anyway.)

but a lisence for all 3 computers is a bit spicy..

Thanks

Technically you can use the same copy on 3 computers, but you have to revoke the hardware id of that license in your disc-soft.com account when you want to use it on the other computers.
    If i remember correctly, upgrade price for each user upgrade is about 8 Euro.
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 26.02.2009, 22:18.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Ahhem... well ... so to do it legaly i will have to buy 3 versions right?

And what do you mean with user upgrades?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Technically you can use the same copy on 3 computers, but you have to revoke the license in your disc-soft.com account when you want to use it on the other computers.
      If i remember correctly, upgrade price for each user upgrade is about 8 Euro.

Comment

Well, revoking hardware id is legal, but a hassle.

During purchase you are asked for how many users you want to purchase a license (the license is valid up to X users then). After purchase you can also modify the license with the same called button to more users and that is called Upgrading license to X users.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Dammn all this copy protection is really sooo annoying for those who wants to pay

is there anywhere i can read up on how it works exactly ? it would be nice to be sure... Realisticaly im only ONE user, but i do use 3 computers on a dayly basis.. so would be nice to know if the lisence is pr. computer, or pr. user.

Comment

License is per hardware id (Windows).
            E. g. when you install two different Windows versions on one computer, you have two different hardware ids and therefore you would need a License up to 2 users.

Copy protection wouldn't exist if there would be only legal users.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

I agree, but when there are that many problems with the legal versions as we see with many programs, and games today its often just easyer to opt for a "sure thing" where youre always just sure it will work. also 5 years from now - this is not the case with daemon tools, but i guess you know what i mean.

Well this means i would have to buy 3 licenses for it to be legal the way i will use it.. Think i will stick with the Lite version on the 2 others for now as the alternative would be too expensive.

Thanks for your help Blazkowicz

Comment

I just checked purchase options and upgrading to 3 users would be only an extra of 12 Euros (checked only for 1 year subscription).

You are welcome.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

hmm thats not even that bad. Can i upgrade the number of users later or do i have to do that at the initial purcase ?

Im thinking of buying it for the one pc first, and then later guy for the rest. But if i have to pay full price again it would make more sense to buy them all now insted.

Comment

You can upgrade later using the modify button i talked about earlier.
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

Thank you. That helped alot.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wraithbone View Post
                        ...also 5 years from now...
                        if things progress as they do today, even 2 years from now dt pro and all other such software will be just about useless.

most new games are going the way of the online activation drm; steam or securom pa - at a fast rate. fear 2, dow 2 are just the latest to use steam only. they are not disc protected so even the most basic iso image maker program would do. i wish this wasn't the case but it is.

Comment

Originally Posted by ß View Post
                          if things progress as they do today, even 2 years from now dt pro and all other such software will be just about useless.

most new games are going the way of the online activation drm; steam or securom pa - at a fast rate. fear 2, dow 2 are just the latest to use steam only. they are not disc protected so even the most basic iso image maker program would do. i wish this wasn't the case but it is.
                          true, but i have seen DRM protections where you cant even be shure you will be able to play the game in 3 month's.

Personally i like steam... i have no problem paying for my games, and steam seems to be a great alternative, if it wasnt for their prices. (for some reason they think 1€ is the same as 1$ so everything is overpriced in europe...)

But as long as i can buy the keys elsewhere and enter them in steam, and download it, im all for it

At least steam does not require stupid disks in the drive and stuff like that

Comment

Working...
                          X