Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to install image file

Hi chaps

Sorry if this has been asked before - I did make a few searches on the forum, and couldn't find anything similiar.

I have successfully created image files relating to the .bin file CD's of a game I want to install, and cannot seem to be able to run these image files once they have been created.

I am able to mount these images into the virtual drive, but once I try to run it, it seems to attempt to install - as the install shield seems to function normally, but after I allow the installation to proceed, it sits there and does nothing. After a while, a message pops up on the screen - "run-time error 53; file not found".

Thanks in advance.

You tried with original disk?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      You tried with original disk?
      Oh yes, that works fine, but in terms of installing without further use of the disc for convenience sake I seem to be having problems.

But I'm having second thoughts as to whether this may actually be an issue with the game itself, as I have been successful with other games that I have done this with today.

I don't suppose there are any conflicts with slightly older games? this particular one is from around 1999/2000 ish.

Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by norse View Post
        But I'm having second thoughts as to whether this may actually be an issue with the game itself...
        When installation worked fine using the original there shouldn't be any compatibility issue.
        Have you tried to create new images yet ?
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
        X