I/O error with real CD drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I/O error with real CD drive

So I installed the latest Daemon Tools - Lite on my Windows XP machine and now when I try to open up my regular (real) CD drive I get an error saying: "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error" I have uninstalled Daemon Tools and I tried changing the Transfer Mode on the Primary and Secondary Device 1s to 'PIO only' with no luck. I also uninstalled the CD device from Windows and reinstalled it. Under the CD drive's properties it says there are no conflicting hardware issues.

Anyone know what I can do to get my CD drive working again?

Thanks in advance! Oh, and if this has been asked and answered please direct me to the thread - I did a search of the forum but I couldn't find anything relating to this (though I could have missed it!)

that error can actually come from a scratched / dirty disk, in this case i doubt daemon tools is to blame at all, just to make 100% sure, you could try uninstalling daemon tools and then removing sptd (go to duplexsecure site for this, or look in the faq)... then try reading the disk.. if the problem still happens then the disk is dirty/scratched or the drive is dying
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Thanks, I'll try removing sptd. The thing is, the drive does this for every CD I've tried. It just seems like, since it worked 30 minutes before I installed Daemon Tools, and then stopped working the next time I tried to use it (which was about 10 minutes later) that it has something to do with Daemon Tools.

Comment

I tried uninstalling the sptd and that didn't seem to work. I also unhooked the CD drive and stuck it in another computer and it worked. So I'm thinking something with Windows got messed up. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Comment

i had the same problem on another computer.
          i borrowed a friend's old dvd writer and it didnt work.
          we bought a new dvd writer and it still had the same error, so something had to be up.

i live booted up linux and the writer was working fine, so it wasnt cabling or incorrect bios settings.

after messing with daemon tool settings, it ended up being the "options" settings (ie. securerom, safedisc, laserlock, etc).
          not sure why it happened, the very same version runs fine on my computer.

uninstalled daemon tools and now its working fine again

Comment

Working...
          X